Dark Cherry Cream Soda Cocktail is such a fun and delicious tipple. Lightened up soda mixed with juice makes this tasty cocktail an instant favorite! Adult Dark Cherry Cream Soda…MMM!
A sparkling and sweet cream soda cocktail, that’s perfect for the holidays! It’s a breezy vodka drink that has a wonderful punch of cherries to it – you have to give it a try!
Table of Contents
Why this is so good
- Easy Cocktail. Only 3 ingredients and a few mins to prep, this is such a simple vodka cocktail.
- Cherries! Dark cherry juice mingles with cream soda for a fruity, sweet and sour hit!
- Perfect for the holidays! It’s a lighter cocktail in a season full of heavier tipples.
- Cream Soda: I used Zevia, it’s perfectly sweet.
- Dark Cherry Juice
- Vodka: Go for a good quality vodka, for a smoother taste.
- Garnish: Cherries
How to make this Cream Soda Cocktail
Pour dark cherry juice in a glass, over ice. Then add vodka and top with cream soda.
Why do they call it cream soda?
Although not gospel, there is a long tradition of carbonated beverages with whipped egg whites and various flavorings. It’s possible that the cream in the name comes from the cream of tartar, an ingredient that both stabilizes whipped egg whites and prevents syrup from crystallizing.
A Great New Year’s Cocktail
Cheers to our first (and only) wedding :), first new home, first time cooking with Brussels Sprouts, you get the idea. It’s been a fun ride, and I can’t wait to see where it takes us next. For now, its taking me to this Dark Cherry Cream Soda Cocktail. And that’s a good place to be. It’s light and looks gorgeous, perfect for celebrations!
What’s the best Cream Soda for this cocktail?
So even with all these sentimental and happy feelings about the past year…there’s also some New Years Resolutions that we will be implementing ASAP. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before…but we have a soda PROBLEM in our house. My husband is addicted to diet soda. Diet Mountain Dew to be exact. As far as addictions go, I know things could be worse, but I still hate how unhealthy they are for him.
I don’t even want to mention how much he has consumed in a day! I came across Zevia while shopping at (my happy place) Whole Foods. It is dang hard to find healthier soda options folks, especially one that carries a Mountain Dew alternative. It was like the skies parted when I saw the Mountain Zevia Can. Zero Calories. Zero artificial sweetener (it’s sweetened with steamed stevia leaves and monk fruit!). Say…what?! They have 15 flavors. I mean…all the flavors.
I have a feeling you’re going to see me using this delish soda for mixers in many posts to come. Why not make simple smart choices that allow us to still enjoy our favorite recipes guilt free!? And you better believe my fridge is stocked with Mountain Zevia. Pat’s been a happy and healthy camper! We are already kicking some butt on 2015 resolutions! Let’s #CheersTo that too!
- Serve over plenty of ice.
- Make sure you use a good quality vodka, it’ll taste much smoother.
- For more of an ice cream float flavor try vanilla flavored vodka – delicious!
- Garnish with cherries.
Other delicious cocktails
- Sparkling Strawberry Limeade Margarita Punch (Champagne Margarita Punch)
- Holiday Punch Recipe (Easy Christmas Punch)
- Raspberry Sorbet Pink Champagne Floats
- Best Watermelon Margaritas Recipe
Have you tried this Cream Soda Cocktail? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!