Homemade BBQ Burgers are easy to make and grilled to perfection every time. Kick everyday burgers up a notch with the addition of sweet, smoky BBQ flavor!
Grilled BBQ Burgers Recipe
It’s no secret that we are big burger fans! While I love a classic burger, I love finding ways to add flavor and mix things up when burger night rolls around.
This BBQ burger recipe is no exception! Mix smoky and sweet BBQ sauce into the ground beef before forming patties for an extra pop of flavor in every bite. Serve them on buns with all of your favorite toppings!
Why You’ll Love this Easy BBQ Burger Recipe:
- QUICK: These homemade burger patties come together in just a couple minutes before popping them on the grill.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make these burgers from scratch.
- KID FRIENDLY: Even your picky eaters won’t be able to pass up these burgers. They’re a great option for game day, too!
Who knew making BBQ burgers from scratch could be so easy (or delicious)?!
How to Make BBQ Burgers
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the burger patty ingredients.
- Form burger patties.
- Grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
My favorite way to cook burgers is on the outdoor grill, but you can also make these on a grill pan or skillet on the stovetop. Add a little oil to your pan and let it get hot before cooking the burgers on each side.
I love using ground beef for these BBQ burgers, but you can make them with ground chicken or turkey if you prefer. Chicken and turkey have less fat, so they won’t be quite as juicy but they’ll still be delicious.
For perfectly cooked burgers, oil the grates and preheat the grill while you prepare the burger patties. Placing the burgers on a hot grill ensures delicious grill marks and evenly cooked burgers. are making the burger patties. This will mean that you get those delicious grill marks and the burgers will cook through evenly.
Yes! This burger recipe doesn’t contain breadcrumbs, so they are perfect for those with intolerances. If you have a gluten intolerance, make sure to choose a gluten free BBQ sauce.
Serve BBQ burgers alongside any of your favorite BBQ sides like:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Tricolor Pasta Salad
- Shoestring Fries
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Garlic Parmesan Fries
- German Potato Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
No matter how you serve them, these burgers are sure to be a hit!
- Try not to over mix the burger patty mixture. Everything should be well-combined, but over mixing can lead to tough and try burgers.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce – mild or spicy – to season these burgers.
- For evenly cooked burgers, make an indentation in the middle of each burger prior to grilling.
Talk about a fun way to mix up burger night! BBQ burgers are simple to make and downright delicious.
All the Burgers
Guide to Cooking Burgers at Home
See all of our favorite burger recipes PLUS tips and tricks for cooking the ultimate burger at home.
More BBQ Recipes to Try
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Dip
- BBQ Chex Mix
- Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
- Crockpot BBQ Pork Sandwich
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Load these juicy and delicious grilled BBQ burgers with your favorite toppings for a crowd pleasing meal every time!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!