Level up your tortillas with these beef folded tortillas quesadilla recipe. Loaded with seasoned ground beef, cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo, they are super quick and easy to make.
Beef Tik Tok Folded Tortilla Quesadilla Recipe
Have you tried the recent Tik Tok recipe trend? This is one hack I can get behind!
These beef foldover quesadillas are all kinds of delicious and they are so easy to build and cook.
Loaded with layers of fresh and vibrant Mexican flavors, these will become a new favorite!
If you love quesadillas, be sure to try my Chicken Quesadilla Recipe.
Looking for more Folded Tortilla Options? Give our S’more Folded Quesadilla or Chicken Folded Tortillas a try!
Why you’ll love this Foldover Quesadilla recipe:
- QUICK: These folded tortillas are ready to serve in less than 20 minutes. So simple!
- GREAT FOR SHARING: These make for a great appetizer to serve to a crowd, perfect for game day or cinco de mayo!
- SO DELICIOUS: Seriously guys, every single bite is so yummy! I can’t believe how simple they are too make and they are bursting with flavor!
How to make Tik Tok’s Viral Folded Tortillas!
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Brown the beef and sir in the spices. Set to one side.
- Lay a tortilla flat and make a cut from the outside edge to the middle.
- Place the meat, cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo into quarter sections on the tortilla.
- Fold the quarters together.
- Cook the quesadillas for there minutes on each side in a hot skillet.
- Serve your foldover quesadilla with your favorite dips.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These folded quesadillas are best cooked and enjoyed straight away, but you can easily make the beef taco filling 2 or 3 days ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge.
Leftovers will keep well for a couple of days in the fridge in an airtight container and can be reheated in a skillet or in a toaster oven until the cheese melts.
What can I use instead of beef?
You can easily make this recipe with ground turkey, chicken or pork if you prefer. You can also cook leftover shredded rotisserie chicken with the spices and use that. Make them vegetarian by using plant-based meat crumbles.
What do you serve them with?
I like to serve my foldover quesadilla with some guacamole or salsa for dipping and a garnish of cilantro for some freshness. If you want to serve them for a larger meal, then you can’t go wrong with some shoestring fries or just a nice fresh salad.
- Fold the tortilla in half, and then in half again, so you can see the quarters where you should place the filling.
- Use a good melting cheese for this recipe as this acts as the glue to hold the tortillas together.
- Take care not to overload the fillings or they will spill out when you fold them.
If you haven’t tried the foldover quesadilla Tik Tok trend yet, this is a great recipe to get you started! So super easy and oh so delicious!
More Mexican Recipes we Love
- Fritos Mexican Layered Dip
- Beef Taquitos
- Crunchwrap Supreme
- Mexican Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Cheesy Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Mexican Rice
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
Thanks for the quick dinner idea!!! It was awesome, my kids loved it and they asked for more. Was the best idea ever, Thank you loads !
Thanks for sharing!
This is for the folding technique only. It doesn’t really work unless you add the cheese directly on top of the meat. Since I was using cubes of steak (leftover from another meal), there was nothing binding them to the inside of the tortilla and they just fell right out. If I’d added the cheese on top, it would have acted as a “glue” so keep that in mind if you plan on making these.
I am sorry it didn’t quite work out for you, Sam!
Beef Foldover Quesadillas were delicious. I did not make the Pico de Gallo but substituted tomatoes and chopped green onions. I also did not use the spices this time and I used leftover hamburger patties cut up into thin slices because we had burgers for company and had quite a bit of hamburger patties and tomatoes left over. Even with this simple version of the recipe, it was really good. Will try it with the spices and follow the recipe more closely the next time I make it. I didn’t have time to take a picture — it was eaten so quickly. It was great fried in a cast iron pan – no oil needed. I don’t think I will be making these any other way. What a great idea! One other thing, I can make 4 servings at once!! Amazing time saver
Thanks for sharing, Regina! Definitely modify it to a way that is the tastiest for your crew!