Easy to make Beef Taquitos are here just in time for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta! Seasoned ground beef is mixed with an array of ingredients like cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and flavorful pepper jack cheese, then rolled up in a soft flour tortilla before being baked to perfection.
Cheesy Beef Taquitos
Cheesy, beefy, warm, and flavorful beef taquitos are worth celebrating. This Cinco de Mayo, pair these taquitos with a tall Margarita to really get the party started! Between the drinks and these delicious Mexican appetizers, I’m not quite sure what the biggest crowd pleaser is… So I’ll have one of each, please!
I really can’t think of a better party food. These taquitos are perfectly portioned, cheesy and beefy goodness all rolled up in a soft flour tortilla!
Why You’ll Love this Taquitos Recipe:
- Baked: There are plenty of fried taquito recipes out there that are tasty, but then you have to deal with all of that oil! Keep things simple (and better for you) by using this easy baked recipe instead.
- Filling: The amount of beef in each taquito will actually keep your party guests pretty full as they celebrate!
- Cheesy: The cream cheese and pepper jack cheese work together to make these taquitos creamy, cheesy, and downright delectable.
Leave those frozen taquitos at the grocery store! These homemade ones are a million times better and not a hassle to make, either. They’re the perfect Cinco de Mayo appetizer!
How to Make Beef Taquitos
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the ground beef.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and cheese.
- Soften the tortillas in the microwave.
- Assemble the taquitos.
- Bake, and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Instead of ground beef, use ground chicken, turkey, pork, or a combination.
Yes! Use 3-4 tablespoons of my favorite recipe for homemade taco seasoning.
Make sure the taquitos are placed seam-side down on the baking sheet. This will keep the tortilla wrapped up and the filling inside while they bake.
Store leftover beef taquitos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For best results, reheat these taquitos in the oven at 350°F until warmed through. This helps them stay crispy instead of soggy.
Here are just a few of the best toppings to serve with these beef taquitos!
As much as I love to top my taquitos off with some fresh guac, they’re also tasty all on their own.
- Don’t use corn tortillas. They’ll likely tear and not hold their shape when rolled.
- If you’re serving these at a party, offer all of the toppings in bowls! That way, everyone can pick and choose how they’d like to enjoy their taquitos.
- Keep an eye on your taquitos. Once it’s been 15 minutes, they should be ready to go. You don’t want to burn them or let them dry out!
Cheesy beef taquitos are so full of flavor and creamy consistency! They’re a total party favorite – be ready to share this recipe, since everyone will be asking for it.
What kind of salsa should I use?
Use your favorite store bought or homemade red salsa for these taquitos. If you’re looking for a homemade salsa to try, I love this blender salsa.
Can I freeze these taquitos?
Yes! Individually wrap taquitos in plastic wrap or foil, place into an airtight container, and freeze for up to 2 months. Reheat in the oven for best results.
What kind of tortillas are best?
I used medium flour tortillas for this taquito recipe, but any kind will work! If your tortillas are smaller, you’ll get more taquitos out of this recipe – they won’t need as much filling.
More Mexican Recipes We Love
Delicious with some salsa and guac or all on their own, these cheesy beef taquitos are the appetizer (or even main course) or your dreams! They’re perfect for getting the party started or just for enjoying with the family on a Friday night at home.
More Easy Taco Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Beef Carnitas
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Crispy Turkey Tacos
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Baked Ground Beef Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!