Homemade Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos feature a creamy, spiced chicken filling rolled up into corn tortillas and cooked to crispy, crunchy perfection. Dipped into sour cream, salsa, queso, or guacamole, these rolled tacos are a guaranteed hit!
Chicken and Cheese Taquitos
Homemade chicken taquitos are a texture lover’s dream! Crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside, there’s so much to love about each bite. Made in less than 30 minutes with simple ingredients, these taquitos are sure to be a dinner winner.
Mix up taco Tuesday and with a batch of these cheesy taquitos!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Taquitos Recipe:
- EASY: This is a delicious way to use up leftover chicken! Quick to assemble and cook, these air fryer taquitos are ready in minutes – perfect for busy weeknights.
- FLAVORFUL: Featuring chipotle, cumin, and paprika, these taquitos are bursting with flavor.
- CUSTOMIZABLE: Easily customize the flavors and ingredients of this chicken taquito filling.
These lightened up taquitos are even better than the traditionally fried version!
Be sure to try these beef taquitos, bean and cheese taquitos, or fried taquitos.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the taquito filling.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Fill and roll the tortillas.
- Cook and serve.
Taquitos are essentially fried rolled tacos filled with meat, cheese, and other ingredients. Instead of using a deep fryer, these taquitos cook in an air fryer.
You’ll need pre-cooked and shredded chicken for these taquitos. This is a wonderful way to use up leftover chicken, or save time and pick up a rotisserie chicken.
Prepare the filling up to a day in advance, but assemble and cook them immediately prior to serving. Leftovers tend to become very soggy!
To make gluten free taquitos, use certified gluten free tortillas.
Taquitos and dip are a match made in heaven! I love pairing chicken taquitos with:
- Best Guacamole
- White Queso
- Homemade Salsa
- Sour Cream and Cotija Cheese
- Or, Refried Beans and Rice (for a complete meal)
Serve these air fryer taquitos as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner – they’re incredibly versatile.
- For a vegetarian version, omit the chicken from the filling and replace with 2 cups of black beans.
- Flip the taquitos halfway through cooking to crisp up both sides.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
You’ll love how quickly and easily these air fryer chicken taquitos come together.
Can I use another kind of meat?
Absolutely! Use cooked ground beef, chicken, or turkey instead of shredded chicken in the taquito filling.
What size tortillas should I use?
Use classic 6-inch corn tortillas for these taquitos.
How can I prevent the taquitos from falling apart?
To prevent the taquitos from falling apart, use a bit of water to seal them closed before placing them seam-side down in the air fryer.
More Easy Taco Recipes We Love
Quick and flavorful, air fryer chicken taquitos will quickly become a family favorite recipe!
More Mexican Recipes to Try:
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- White Chicken Chili
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Rotel Dip
- Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Slaw
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.