Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas are SO EASY and delicious. The perfect amount of creamy and spicy. They’re loaded with buffalo chicken and then topped with a celery and blue cheese cream cheese queso!
This is not a drill. CREAMY BUFFALO CHICKEN ENCHILADAS covered in a CELERY & BLUE CHEESE CREAM CHEESE QUESO! Is this heaven?? Quite possibly. They’re the perfect combination of creamy and spicy, sure to please both kids and adults alike! They’re incredibly easy, quick, and perfect for any family dinner. What are you waiting for?? Get to cooking!
By now you guys know my love for Old El Paso. They’re easy to use ingredients take dinner from drab to fab, and I’m a huge fan. For these Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I used their 6″ Flour Tortillas (burrito size), and their Red Enchilada Sauce. Too good to be true. Did you know their tortillas are only made with 3 ingredients?! Believe it. Love it. Eat it.
The secret to these amazing Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas is definitely the Celery and Blue Cheese Cream Cheese Queso smothered all over the top. The more the better! It cuts the heat from the buffalo chicken and Rotel just enough. I know you’ll be just as obsessed as were are.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BUFFALO SAUCE
You better believe we’ve got you covered! You can always buy Buffalo Sauce at the store for this recipe, or you can make your own! Here is our favorite Homemade Buffalo Sauce Recipe.
I wrote the recipe for 12 enchiladas, but only actually made it for 6 since it’s just me and Pat eating all this food. BIG MISTAKE. I literally got to eat ONE. ONEEEE!!! He was all over these and they were gone in no time. I was a little heartbroken when there were none for lunch the next day, but I guess I also love that he gave them a huge approval. I hope you love them just as much! Enjoy!
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas are SO EASY and delicious. The perfect amount of creamy and spicy. They're loaded with buffalo chicken and then topped with a celery and blue cheese cream cheese queso!
- 3 cups cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can 10 ounces Old El Paso enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce (store-bought or click for recipe)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 can 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes
- 12 Old El Paso flour tortillas burrito size
- 1 can 10-3/4 ounces condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- crumbled blue cheese
- Optional Toppings: blue cheese chopped roma tomatoes, chopped celery, sliced green onions, freshly chopped cilantro, ranch, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, enchilada sauce, buffalo sauce, rotel tomatoes, and 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat soup and dressing until just bubbly. Stir in the cream cheese until melted and then the remaining cheddar cheese (leave a bit for the top of the enchiladas as well) until melted. Take off heat and set aside.
- Place chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla (about ¼ cup) and roll the tortilla to create the enchilada. Place in the baking dish seam side down.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the top of the enchiladas and use a spoon to smooth out if the mixture is a bit thick. Sprinkle with more cheddar cheese (optional) and sprinkle with a bit of blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas cooked through, browned.
- Top with extra toppings as desired.
- **NOTES: If you prefer less spicy, you can use a can of regular tomatoes instead of the Rotel tomatoes. If you want them even spicier, add in some chopped jalapeños!
This post has been sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!