Spicy White Chicken Chili is super easy and simple to make. It is the perfect food to combat this cooler weather! This has been a favorite again and again and I just love that it’s a healthy option for comfort food!
I used to hate jalapenos. I also used to hate cooking. Funny how things change!! This Spicy White Chicken Chili is a staple at our house this fall. Full of flavor and made in minutes. It doesn’t get easier, or tastier, than this. (If you love this recipe, be sure you check out our very favorite White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese!)
I adapted this recipe from one of my very favorite blogs, Gimme Some Oven. I finally got to meet Ali at ChoppedCon last weekend and she was just as sweet in person as she is on her blog. Her photos are A-MAZ-ING…like, wow. If you haven’t seen her site, you’re missing out! You can see her original recipe HERE. I added the spicy factor and used a tad more chicken, but the base is the same. Brilliant!
If you’re not a fan of feeling like you’re hanging out with a close-talking fire-breathing dragon, you can leave out the peppers. Or change them up. I used jalapenos and poblano peppers. If you want it REALLLLLY spicy, use serrano peppers. I left the seeds out, but leaving the seeds in will give it even more of a kick. If you’re looking to burn your mouth off, you’ve come to the right place.
I loaded this (Easy) Spicy White Chicken Chili up with lots of sour cream, shredded cheese, green onion, and more jalapenos.
It’s winter, time to eat right! Nothing better than hot, spicy, delicious soup that’s ready in under 30 minutes. Right up my alley in every way.
- 5-6 cups chicken broth depending on if you want it a bit soupy
- 6 cups cooked shredded chicken I used rotisserie chicken
- 2 15.3 ounce cans Northern White beans, drained
- 2 cups salsa verde I chose jalapeno salsa verde for an even spicier chili!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large yellow onion chopped/diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced (remove the seeds for a milder version, leave the seeds in for a VERY HOT version)
- 1 poblano pepper diced (if you want REALLY spicy, substitute serrano chilis for the poplano, or leave the seeds in from the jalapeno peppers. If you want less spicy, leave the seeds out)
- Sour Cream more jalapenos, shredded cheese, and green onion for garnish (optional)
- Heat onion, peppers, and garlic in a large skillet over medium/high heat until the onions are transparent.
- Add all of the ingredients (except garnish) to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer, cooking for 5-10 minutes at least on simmer.
- Serve hot garnished with sour cream, shredded cheese, and more peppers if desired. Enjoy!