Sweet, soft, and deliciously gooey, Caramel Stuffed Cookies are homemade treats you can’t miss out on! Put simply, chocolate chip cookies are baked to perfection with a melted caramel center. Bring these to a potluck or party of any kind and watch them disappear!
Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies
Just when you thought homemade chocolate chip cookies couldn’t be better… Think again! These soft, chewy, pretty perfect cookies are made even more delicious with the addition of a sweet caramel core. There’s nothing quite like that very first bite into one of these gooey cookies!
Caramel is delicious all year long, but there’s something even more satisfying about it during the cozy autumn months. Once the leaves start falling, I start sneaking caramel into just about everything – coffee, popcorn, cakes, and now chocolate chip cookies!
Caramel Stuffed Cookies are SO very easy to make. Just because they’re homemade and stuffed with sweet caramel doesn’t mean these chocolate chip cookies aren’t a total cinch! Just make the simple dough, add the caramel, bake, and dig in.
Why You’ll Love this Caramel Stuffed Cookies Recipe:
- GOOEY CARAMEL: I love a stuffed dessert of any kind! A gooey caramel center is probably the best way to make a delicious cookie that much better.
- HOMEMADE: Homemade cookies will always reign supreme over store bought cookies or refrigerated dough. They’ve simply got unbeatable texture and flavor!
- EASY: Don’t let the words “homemade” and “stuffed” fool you. These handheld indulgences are oh so easy to make!
There’s so much to love about this cookie, from the soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie itself, to the gooey caramel center. Every bite is perfect!
How to Make Caramel Stuffed Cookies
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars, then add in the eggs, yolks, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into balls.
- Add the caramel into the center of each cookie dough ball, and close the dough around the caramel.
- Chill the dough balls.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
I like to use baking caramels, such as Kraft, because they are designed to be baked. You can also use soft caramel candies if you prefer. You just want to use caramel that will melt in the oven.
You can, but your cookies will not be as tender. You can also make your own cake flour by measuring 1½ cups of all-purpose flour, removing 3 tablespoons, and adding 3 tablespoons of cornstarch. Mix and sift well before using.
Yes. This helps to set the cookie dough so that the cookies won’t come out flat and the caramel won’t ooze out during baking.
More than likely, part of the caramel core was exposed before the cookies went in the oven. Be sure to fully cover the caramel with cookie dough and chill the cookies well before baking.
From start to finish, these Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies come together in just 30 minutes. They’re so good, it’s really hard to believe they’re so quick and easy to make!
Make Ahead Instructions
These cookies can be fully assembled and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before baking. Bake directly from the refrigerator.
Store caramel stuffed cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. These cookies can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature. To rewarm, microwave for 15 seconds or place in a 350°F oven for a few minutes.
Freeze fully baked cookies on a lined baking sheet until solid, about 1-2 hours. Then, transfer to an airtight container or Ziplock bag to store for up to 1 month.
You can also freeze the cookie dough before baking in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Bake directly from frozen, adding 2-3 minutes to the final bake time.
- You can use salted butter instead of unsalted; simply omit the salt.
- For a richer flavor, you can use dark brown sugar instead of light.
- In a pinch, you can use all-purpose flour in place of the cake flour.
- Feel free to use your favorite kind of chocolate chips, such as milk, semisweet, or dark. You could even use caramel baking chips!
- You can stuff these cookies with a tablespoon of frozen nut butter or Nutella instead of caramels.
Tips for the Best Caramel Stuffed Cookies
- Make sure the caramels are completely covered with cookie dough. If not, the caramel will ooze out during baking.
- Bake these cookies on parchment paper to prevent a sticky mess in the event that some caramel does ooze out.
- These cookies are best enjoyed warm from the oven. If eaten at room temperature, the caramel will be firmer and more chewy. Rewarm for 15 seconds in the microwave or a few minutes in a 350°F oven.
More Cookie Recipes We Love
Caramel Stuffed Cookies are easy homemade cookies that never fail to make me smile. They’re so wonderfully soft and have the best chew to them, and the combination of chocolate chips and caramel is simply irresistible!
More Quick Baking Recipes to Try:
- Blueberry Pop Tarts
- Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Blueberry Muffins
- Copycat McDonald’s Strawberry Cream Pies
- Pumpkin Crisp
- M&M Brownie Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!