Rich and indulgent homemade Mocha Cookies feature espresso, cocoa powder, and espresso baking morsels in every bite. These are a wonderfully grown up treat, perfect with an afternoon cup of coffee!
Chewy Mocha Cookies
Chocolate and coffee is always a winning combination, especially in cookie form. Quick and easy to make from scratch, these soft-baked mocha cookies are unreal!
Kick classic chocolate chip cookies up a notch with the addition of espresso and espresso morsels for a burst of coffee flavor in each cookie. This is one grown-up and sophisticated cookie recipe!
Why You’ll Love this Espresso Cookies Recipe:
- EASY: Cookies are the easiest dessert to make from scratch and these mocha cookies are no exception!
- FLAVORFUL: There’s so much flavor packed into each cookie. Made with sweet brown sugar, espresso, cocoa powder, warm vanilla, espresso morsels, and more, these are truly decadent chocolate cookies.
- ADDICTIVE: These soft, chewy, chocolatey cookies are simply irresistible.
These might be my most favorite cookies ever! A bold statement? Yes, but I know you will love them just as much as I do!
How to Make Mocha Cookies
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the wet ingredients together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the espresso morsels.
- Chill the cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies, let them cool, and enjoy.
Use 2 ounces of liquid espresso in this cookie recipe. Espresso powder will make the cookies too dry.
In a pinch, you can replace the espresso with an equal amount of strongly brewed coffee. Espresso adds the best flavor, though!
Espresso morsels are widely available, both online and in grocery stores. Look for them in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips.
No. Do not skip chilling the dough before baking. The chill time solidifies the butter which prevents the cookies from spreading too much while baking.
If you love coffee and chocolate, you are guaranteed to adore these chewy mocha cookies. Each bite is heavenly!
- I like to use a stand mixer to make these cookies. You can certainly make this cookie dough by hand, but it will take a little longer (and a little arm muscle)!
- For best results, let the butter soften to room temperature before using. Softened butter combines more easily resulting in a uniform texture. I like to take it out of the refrigerator about an hour before making the cookie dough.
Make a batch of these mocha cookies the next time you’re craving a sweet treat!
Can I use chocolate chips instead of espresso morsels?
Absolutely! I love the extra pop of coffee flavor from the espresso morsels, but use the same amount of your favorite chocolate chips if you prefer.
Can I make smaller cookies?
Yes. You can easily make smaller (or larger) cookies with this recipe, but bake times may vary slightly. These cookies are done when the edges just start to crisp up.
Do these cookies freeze well?
Like most drop-style cookies, these mocha cookies freeze wonderfully! Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let the cookies thaw at room temperature for a couple of hours before enjoying.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes We Love
- Banana Split Dessert
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Lasagna
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Coconut Fudge
- Peanut Butter Pie
Soft-baked to perfection, these mocha cookies are seriously addictive – you won’t be able to stop at just one!
More Homemade Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Pignoli Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Italian Anise Cookies
- Soft Molasses Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.