Get ready for the tastiest and most indulgent chocolate pancakes you have ever had! A must for any chocolate lover, this is one delicious way to start the day! Simple and quick to make, these will be your new breakfast favorite!
Triple Chocolate Pancakes
Made with a chocolate batter with folded-in chocolate chips, and then topped with a homemade chocolate sauce, these pancakes are a chocolate lover’s dream!
Simple to make, these pancakes are sure to be a hit, and they are super quick and easy to make.
These would make for a great Valentine’s Day breakfast to enjoy with your loved ones.
Why You’ll Love this Homemade Pancakes Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: There’s nothing complicated about this pancake recipe. You’ll have a whole batch ready to serve within 30 minutes.
- KID-FRIENDLY: Kids will obviously LOVE eating these, but it’s an easy recipe so they can have fun helping you make them too!
- INDULGENT: Let’s not pretend that this is a healthy breakfast, but it is so perfect for special occasions!
These are a must-make if you have a chocoholic in your family! What a tasty way to start the day!
How to Make Chocolate Pancakes
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a hot oiled skillet and cook on both sides.
- Make the chocolate sauce by combining melted chocolate and cream.
- Serve the pancakes with the chocolate sauce and extra chocolate chips.
Use unsweetened cocoa powder for this pancake recipe.
Use your favorite chocolate chips in the pancake batter! Try mini, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate chips for a fun twist.
When the pancake edges begin to bubble, about 1 minute after pouring the batter into the pan, it’s time to flip the pancakes!
For best results, use a nonstick pan or griddle.
These chocolate pancakes are seriously the stuff of dreams! Every bite is super delicious, and your only regret will be that you didn’t make more!
- Don’t over-mix the pancake batter. Everything should be combined with no dry flour, but stop mixing once the flour has disappeared. If you carry on mixing, they won’t be nice and fluffy.
- The pancake batter can be prepared the night before and kept covered in the fridge.
- Adjust the temperature of your skillet when cooking the pancakes. If it’s too hot they will burn, and not hot enough and they will spread.
These are of course perfect for any time of the year, but they are ideal for a Valentine’s Day breakfast. Serve up with some fresh sliced strawberries!
Can I double this recipe?
Yes. For a larger batch of pancakes (20+), simply double each ingredient and follow the instructions as written.
Can I freeze these pancakes?
Absolutely! To freeze chocolate pancakes, freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Once frozen, place the pancakes into an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave, toaster, or oven.
What toppings go well with chocolate pancakes?
More Kid Friendly Recipes We Love
I seriously couldn’t think of a tastier way to start the day! These triple chocolate pancakes are so very very good, I just know you will fall in love with them too!
More Easy Pancake Recipes to Try:
- Banana Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancakes with Lemon Sauce
- Savory Bacon Pancakes
- Gluten-free Pancakes
- Peach Pancakes
- Best Pancake Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.