WARM CRAB ARTICHOKE DIP IN A BREAD BOWL is the perfect EASY appetizer for tailgating or celebrating with friends. The Super Bowl won’t be the same without this simple, classy, and cheesy dip!
The holidays are all about the delicious appetizers and festive food. Christmas parties would be pretty mundane without amazing finger foods like meatballs, wings, and dips. That just so happens to be my favorite type of recipe, so I’m in heaven around this time of year. Appetizers seem to usually be easy, cheesy, and fabulous and this Warm Crab Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl is no exception. In fact, maybe it’s at the top of the list!
It’s thrown together in minutes, ooey gooey delicious, and manages to be classy while still being simple. The perfect starter for Christmas parties, NYE festivities, and of course, THE SUPER BOWL! It will be here before we know it, so I’m stocking up on all my favorite recipes now. Join me?
It’s no secret I’m a HUGE cheese lover, and this Crab Artichoke Dip is simply loaded with cheese. It’s dips like these that are a must for the holidays if you ask me!! I used Borden Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella as well as Borden Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese to make this recipe extra delicious and extra cheesy. Borden® Cheese has been bringing us creamy, amazing cheese for generations, and is fully farmer owned by over 8000 farms!
Whether it’s baking a hearty cheese casserole in the winter, grilling up a cheeseburger in the summer, or sharing snacks after school, Borden® Cheese makes every meal and every moment better. And this Christmas, it’s all about the cheesy apps for me. I need an entire table full of them. Starting with this dip!
This Crab Artichoke Dip is the type of classic starter your family will request time and time again. Even the ones unsure about seafood will eat this right up. It’s not super strong on the seafood taste or odor, it’s just perfect. Totally and utterly delicious!
If you love cheesy holiday appetizers as much as we do, this Crab Artichoke Dip is a must make for Christmas, NYE, the Super Bowl, and every day in between!
Watch the video or see the recipe card for How to Make Warm Crab Artichoke Dip.
Warm Crab Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
WARM CRAB ARTICHOKE DIP IN A BREAD BOWL is the perfect EASY appetizer for tailgating or celebrating with friends. The Super Bowl won't be the same without this simple, classy, and cheesy dip!
- 1 large round loaf or 2 small round loaves Sourdough or Rye Bread
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise I prefer olive oil mayo
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts drained, rinsed, and chopped (I love the grilled artichokes that come in a jar, extra flavor!)
- 12 ounces lump crab meat you can use imitation crab but the real stuff is so much better! If using crab meat from a can, drain.
- 1/2 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon buffalo hot sauce or regular hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cup Borden shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup Borden shredded Pepper Jack cheese see note
- **NOTE: If you don't want this to be spicy substitute Borden shredded Sharp White Cheddar cheese in place of the pepper jack
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut the top off of the loaf of bread. Hollow out the bread, leaving 1/2 inch wall on all sides, to create the bowl. Tear or chop the bread you removed into chunks or cubes. Set bread bowl and cubes onto a large baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes to toast. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped artichokes, crab meat, peppers, onions, both sauces, garlic pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, stir in the parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, and pepper jack.
- Spoon the mixture into the bread bowl and pat down with your spoon to pack. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dip is fully heated through, melty, and bubbly.
- Serve with pita chips, bagel chips, and the toasted bread chunks from the inside of the bowl.
Recipe will make one large bread bowl or two small bread bowls.
This post was written in partnership with Borden Cheese. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!