Come home to a warm, rich, comforting and delicious chili! This crockpot chili recipe is packed with all the good stuff. ground chuck, homemade chili seasoning and red bean. Topped with crunchy crackers, so good!
This crockpot chili recipe pulls of a trifecta of pleasure – rich, comforting and delicious! Slow cooking this chili allows all the different flavors to meld together, the meat to get ultra tender, the beans to get delicate, and the veggies to get soft.
How To Make This Crockpot Chili Recipe – Step By Step
Make Ahead Chili!
Slow cook your chili the day before, put it in the fridge overnight, and warm it up in the slow cooker to serve the next day. While you don’t have to refrigerate your chili, the flavors meld even more, it gets super thick, and the meat is extremely tender.
Can You Freeze This Crockpot Chili?
You can safely freeze leftover chili by scooping it into small portion freezer containers and placing them immediately into the freezer afterward.
Anytime you freeze chili, it is best to eat it up within the first two months so it still contains the same fresh flavor and thick texture. The longer chili is kept frozen the more the flavor and texture changes.
Can You Put Raw Meat In Slow Cooker For Chili?
Technically, if the meat gets to a high enough temperature fast enough (140 degrees F in less than 2 hours), it is food safe, but to make 100% certain you’re being food safe, it is not recommended.
Beyond the safety considerations, you’ll also be missing out on major flavor development that browning the meat provides. By browning the meat before braising (slow cooking), you’re developing deeper and richer flavors (known as the maillard reaction). So when we’re talking chili in a crockpot, it’s best to brown the meat first!
Top Tips For Crockpot Chili
- Make sure to spray the inside of the low cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Serve with crushed corn chips (like Fritos), crushed tortilla chips, saltine crackers, or oyster crackers.
- This crockpot chili goes well with cornbread, baked potatoes or thick french fries, grilled cheese, or buttermilk biscuits.
- To freeze as a freezer meal, mix all ingredients and place in (a few) freezer safe zip-lock bags. Freeze. When ready to cook, thaw in the fridge overnight and then cook on low in the crockpot.
Check Out These Other Delicious Crockpot Recipes
- EASY Crockpot Turkey Breast Recipe (Slow Cooker Turkey)
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Ranch Fried Pickles
- Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe (Healthy Potato Soup)
- Crockpot Healthy Sausage Mediterranean Quiche
Have you tried this Crockpot Chili recipe? Have you got a favorite crockpot recipe? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!