Easy Candied Walnuts are awesome for holiday appetizers, baking, snacking, and so much more. Made in under 5 minutes and oh so tasty!
This post is going to be short and sweet because this Easy Candied Walnuts recipe is short and sweet!
I recently made Candied Walnut and Bacon Baked Brie Bread Bowls and I fell so in love with the Easy Candied Walnut part of the recipe that I thought they deserved their own post. I feel like the possibilities are endless with these sweet little treats.
These Easy Candied Walnuts would be awesome in baking (cookies! breads! more!), on top of bruschetta, topping salmon or mixed into sides such as brussels sprouts. Or, if you’re like me, you find them perfect for eating on their own. The ultimate snack!
I decided to make these with dark brown sugar to make them extra rich and tasty. I love the little candy bits that form on the edges of the walnuts. They almost taste like toffee or caramel walnuts. Just the right amount of sweet. Next time I’m going to play with the spices a bit…I think adding a dash of chili powder would be off the chain!
Walnuts are good for you, so I’m going to choose to look the other way on the brown sugar and butter. I’m going to look at these as a healthy mid-day snack. Filled with fiber, protein, and omega 3. WIN WIN!
These Easy Candied Walnuts are awesome for holiday appetizers, baking, snacking, and so much more. Made in under 5 minutes and oh so tasty!
2 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
5 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 cup walnut halves (or chopped walnuts) (We LOVE California Walnuts!)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the walnuts, butter, and brown sugar and allow to melt, stirring with a spatula constantly to coat the walnuts. Once the walnuts are coated and the butter and sugar are fully melted, turn off the heat.
- Pour the walnuts onto a piece of parchment paper into one single layer, separating the walnuts to make sure they don't dry clumped together.
- Allow to dry 2 minutes before putting in an airtight container or enjoying.
- They're perfect on this Baked Brie Bread Bowl !