This Green Beans and Bacon recipe is an easy and delicious way to prepare green beans! The beans are crispy and crunchy, plus loaded with flavor from the mustard and Worcestershire sauce and …bacon! Perfect recipe for the Fall and the Winter, but awesome any time.
This Green Beans and Bacon recipe is a great side dish for many grilled or pan cooked meats, and it’s especially good for holiday menu on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve!
How To Make This Green Beans and Bacon Recipe – Step By Step
Can I Use Frozen Green Beans For This Recipe?
You can use frozen green beans (or even canned green beans) in this recipe but I strongly suggest fresh for the very best flavor and texture!
Can I Use Other Vegetables?
This recipe can easily be modified for other veggies such as brussels sprouts, cauliflower or asparagus. If using other veggies, depending on the cook time, you may need to add a little chicken stock to help them cook along the way.
Green Beans and Bacon – A Super Simple Side
When it comes to veggie sides this one is simple and delicious! You don’t require a huge list of complex ingredients and it takes about 10 mins. These green beans with bacon fit the bill perfectly whether it’s for Thanksgiving or a weeknight meal.
Cook up the bacon and green beans, mix them up with the other ingredients and you have yourself the most delicious side dish in just minutes; and everyone will rave about it!
Top Tips For This Green Beans and Bacon Recipe
- To keep the beans moist and fresh, store them in your refrigerator’s crisper drawer in a plastic bag.
- To choose green beans that are perfectly fresh, make sure the pods are firm and not too lumpy. If the beans inside are too big, the texture will be tough.
- If you’d like to kick up the heat a bit, toss in a few chili flakes!
- This recipe can easily be modified for other veggies.
Check Out These Other Delicious Side Dishes
- 50+ Christmas Side Dishes (Easy Christmas Dinner Sides)
- 55+ Easy BBQ Side Dishes (Best BBQ Side Ideas)
- 62+ EASY Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 10 Dinner Side Dishes
Have you tried this Green Beans and Bacon recipe? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!