This Green Beans and Bacon recipe is an easy and delicious way to prepare green beans! The beans are crispy and crunchy, plus loaded with flavor from the mustard and Worcestershire sauce and …bacon! Perfect recipe for the Fall and the Winter, but awesome any time.
Dutch Green Beans Recipe
This Green Beans and Bacon recipe is a great side dish for many grilled or pan cooked meats, and it’s especially good for holiday menu on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter!
These Green Beans make a great side dish for any night of the week as well. It’s such a delicious recipe that the entire family will love.
How To Make This Green Beans and Bacon Recipe – Step By Step
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the beans and cook to al dente.
- Then, fry the bacon until crisp; and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sauté the onions in the rendered bacon fat until softened and translucent.
- Then, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together reserved green bean water, cornstarch, salt, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Whisk until creamy and fully incorporated. Add this mixture to the sautéed onions and mix.
- Then, finely chop half of the bacon and add it to the onion mixture. Add green beans and stir. Keep hot over very low heat, and serve within 15 minutes, stirring often.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with the finely chopped crispy bacon.Enjoy!
All the Holiday Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dish Recipes
This holiday season be sure to check out our sides guide for all the recipes plus tips and tricks for entertaining.
Can I Use Frozen Green Beans For This Recipe?
You can use frozen green beans (or even canned green beans) in this recipe but I strongly suggest fresh for the very best flavor and texture!
Can I Use Other Vegetables?
This recipe can easily be modified for other veggies such as brussels sprouts, cauliflower or asparagus.
If using other veggies, depending on the cook time, you may need to add a little chicken stock to help them cook along the way.
Green Beans and Bacon – A Super Simple Side
When it comes to veggie sides this one is simple and delicious! You don’t require a huge list of complex ingredients and it takes about 10 mins. These green beans with bacon fit the bill perfectly whether it’s for Thanksgiving or a weeknight meal.
Cook up the bacon and green beans, mix them up with the other ingredients and you have yourself the most delicious side dish in just minutes; and everyone will rave about it!
- To keep the beans moist and fresh, store them in your refrigerator’s crisper drawer in a plastic bag.
- To choose green beans that are perfectly fresh, make sure the pods are firm and not too lumpy. If the beans inside are too big, the texture will be tough.
- If you’d like to kick up the heat a bit, toss in a few chili flakes!
- This recipe can easily be modified for other veggies.
Check Out These Other Green Bean Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sautéed Green Beans with Molasses
- Cheesy Baked Green Beans
- Bourbon Bacon Green Beans
- Green Bean and Corn Casserole
Have you tried this Green Beans and Bacon recipe? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!