Creamed green beans with parmesan and garlic are a great side dish for any occasion. They are easy enough for weeknight meals yet unique enough for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. The cheesy, savory flavor can’t be beat!
Parmesan Green Beans
These creamed green beans are so flavorful, they turn a simple vegetable into something mouth-watering!
Heavy cream, parmesan, and garlic make the most amazing sauce for these beans. Just a few ingredients, one skillet, and about 20 minutes until you have the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and beyond.
Why You’ll Love this Creamy Green Beans Recipe:
- Easy: You will love how quick these creamy green beans come together on the stove top.
- Simple Ingredients: You only need a handful of basic ingredients to make this delicious side dish.
- Delicious: These parmesan green beans are bursting with flavor that everyone will love!
You start off with fresh green beans and toss them together in a skillet, but the spices and cheese are were the magic happens.
How to Make Creamed Green Beans
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Steam the green beans in the microwave until slightly softened.
- Add the butter, heavy cream, Parmesan and spices to a skillet.
- Toss in the green beans and coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Creamed green beans are a classic holiday side dish consisting of green beans tossed in a creamy, garlic-parmesan sauce!
Yes! Simply blanch the green beans directly from frozen for about 1 minute in boiling water. I do not recommend using canned green beans.
You can use any cheese you like. I recommend Asiago, Pecorino Romano, or Grana Padano.
If your sauce has not thickened to your liking after continuing to cook it, whisk 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of cold water, then whisk this mixture into the sauce and cook until thickened to your desired consistency.
The great thing about these creamed parmesan green beans is that they are super simple to make. You can have them on the dinner table in no time, night after night!
These go just as great with a fried turkey on Thanksgiving as they do with marinated chicken breast on a simple weeknight.
Make Ahead Instructions
These creamed green beans can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Store leftover creamed green beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop over low heat, adding 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed to thin the sauce out. I do not recommend freezing creamed green beans.
- Although I highly recommend using fresh green beans, you could use frozen green beans. I do not recommend using canned green beans.
- You can use half-and-half in place of the heavy cream; however, the sauce will not be as creamy.
- If you’re not a fan of Parmesan, try Pecorino Romano, Asiago, or Grana Padano.
- If you have fresh garlic on hand, you can mince 1 clove and use it in place of the garlic powder.
- Feel free to leave out the nutmeg if you’re not a fan.
- Add bacon! Cook diced bacon in the skillet before adding the cream, cheese, garlic, and nutmeg.
- For a spicy kick, add some crushed red pepper flakes!
Tips for the Best Creamed Green Beans
- If you do not steam or blanch the beans, they will lose their vibrancy and turn an unappetizing grey color.
- The sauce thickens as it cools. For the best consistency, cook it until it just begins to stick to the beans.
- If reheating, feel free to add a bit of water or cream to thin the sauce back out.
More Cheesy Vegetable Recipes We Love
- Crispy Cheesy Roasted Broccoli
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Mozzarella Baked Tomatoes
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
Everyone will love these creamed green beans! They are covered in Parmesan cheese and garlic, and they only take a few minutes to make. Whip them up for your next family dinner or wow your guests with this unique side dish at your next holiday gathering.
More Holiday Side Dishes to Try:
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
- Cucumber Onion Salad
- Roasted Mushrooms
- Loaded Deviled Eggs
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Homemade Crescent Rolls
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
Was real nice super simple