Hearty, warming and comforting, this easy one pot lasagna soup is one big hug in a bowl! Made with Italian sausage and a rich tomato broth, it’s ready to serve in 35 minutes.
Best Lasagna Soup Recipe
For a long time, this lasagna soup has been one of my go to recipes. So quick and easy, and so flavorful!
Seasoned with Italian herbs, this soup is not shy in the flavor department. It’s wonderfully rich and the pasta soaks up all of the goodness.
Be sure to try my chicken parm and tortilla soup recipes too!
Why you’ll love this Cheesy Lasagna Soup recipe:
- ONE POT: Everything for this recipe is all made in one pot, so clean up is a breeze.
- MAKE AHEAD: This hearty soup is perfect for weekly meal prep and freezer meals.
- FILLING: This is a really hearty soup so it’s perfect for easy weeknight meals.
How to make Lasagna Soup
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add the sausage and onion to a large pot and cook to brown.
- Stir in the seasonings and cook through.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, noodles and broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the noodles are soft.
- Mix together the mozzarella and ricotta cheese in a separate bowl.
- Serve with the cheese mix on top.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This lasagna soup is a great make ahead recipe. Make a batch on a Sunday and enjoy it throughout the week. Once the soup has cooled, place it in an airtight container and it will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave for 3 minutes. Because the pasta will soak up liquid when it sits, you may want to add in a little extra stock or water to loosen it back up.
Can you freeze it?
You can freeze this soup, but if you plan on doing so, it’s best not to add in the pasta as it can become quite soft and mushy. Freeze the soup for up to 6 months and thaw it in the fridge overnight.
Reheat the soup on the stovetop and add in the pasta to serve.
Can you make this with other meats?
Italian sausage gives this soup a really great flavor, but you can use ground beef, chicken, turkey or pork if you prefer.
You can easily make this lasagna soup meat free by using plant based ‘meat’ crumbles and vegetable stock.
- Make the soup in a heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven. It will distribute the heat more evenly.
- Feel free to add in other veggies if you like. Mushrooms, bell peppers and mushrooms all work well.
This lasagna soup is seriously the best! It’s so hearty and comforting and yet it comes together so quickly and easily!
More Soup Recipes we Love
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Black Eyed Pea Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Hearty Vegetable Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
My husband and I both loved this soup. It was quick and easy to make. We will definitely add it to our rotation of soups!
Quick and easy is the best type of recipe!
Wow! Fantastic idea. I did not visualize it I saw your recipe. I’m super excited to try to make it. I love soups!!
Soup season is just around the corner!
My wife has beenmaking lasagna soup for years but does it in the crockpot. Haven tried this version but her’s really tasty if you like tomatos. Good reheated also.
I hope you give this recipe a shot!
Just made this tonight and it is a keeper! Thank you for a wonderful hearty recipe. Great flavor! Will definitely make again and again!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing, Teresa!