BEEF TORTILLA SOUP is such an easy and delicious comfort food! Loaded with spices, corn, tomatoes, and everything you’d expect from the perfect tortilla soup. Top with shredded cheese, tortilla strips, and all the fixings for the ultimate easy tortilla soup!
Beef Tortilla Soup
Beef Tortilla Soup is just like my other favorite easy tortilla soup recipes, but with beef instead of chicken. It’s hearty, simple, and delicious!
Welcome to one of my very favorite winter recipes! There’s nothing quite like a good, hearty soup to provide comfort on a chilly night, and this Beef Tortilla Soup is second to none.
I knew I loved Chicken Tortilla Soup, but this beef version is equally as delicious, and it’s just as easy. It’s a total win win! This soup has all the same flavors you’d expect from tortilla soup, but with beef instead of chicken. It adds an extra heartiness that is perfect for cold nights. This is my mom Susie’s recipe, so you know it must be good! She doesn’t swing and miss…she always knows the best recipes. You should be pretty excited about this easy tortilla soup recipe!
Beef Tortilla Soup is the kind of recipe your family will ask for again and again. I know we do! My poor Mom…she gets so many requests for her to make us food. Lucky for us she always says yes!
If you like chicken tortilla soup, then you’ll love Beef Tortilla Soup too! This easy tortilla soup recipe is filled with all of the best flavors, perfect for cold winter nights.
Easy Tortilla Soup Recipe
When a soup is loaded with beef, beans, corn, cilantro, tomatoes, and so much more…you know it’s going to be good. When its topped with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and whatever else your little heart desires, you know it’s going to be GREAT!
This Beef Tortilla Soup checks all of the boxes. It’s easy to make, perfect for freezing and saving for later, and it is sure to warm the stomach on any cold night. Don’t you want to just dive right in? You’ll be making this easy tortilla soup recipe over and over again before you know it!
How to Make Beef Tortilla Soup
I love a simple soup recipe, and this easy tortilla soup is exactly that! It’s almost surprisingly easy considering how delicious it is. This beef tortilla soup is filled with corn, beef, onions, beans, and so much more.
How to Make Beef Tortilla Soup:
- Begin by browning the beef and draining the grease, then set aside
- Heat oil & butter in dutch oven or soup pot
- Add onion and saute, then add garlic and cook
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except cheese, cilantro, and tortilla chips) and cover the pot
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Stir in cilantro at the end
A super easy tortilla soup recipe that’s absolutely delicious! Serve the beef tortilla soup topped with shredded cheese, tortilla strips, and anything else you desire (extra herbs, avocado slices, sour cream, etc). Store any leftovers in the refrigerator (for a few days) or freezer (for a few months), and reheat any time. Make a big batch to keep throughout the winter months when you need a quick and tasty dinner!
Recommended Products to make this Beef Tortilla Soup recipe
I hope your family loves this Beef Tortilla Soup as much as we do! It’s such a source of comfort throughout the colder months, but also hits the spot if you have a Summer soup craving. No? Just me?? I’m a soup year round kind of girl…they’re just too good! Be sure to check out our other favorite comfort food soups such as White Chicken Chili (WITH CREAM CHEESE!) and Meatball Parmesan Soup!
See the recipe card below for instructions on How to Make Beef Tortilla Soup.
If you like this easy tortilla soup recipe, try these other easy soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Mexican Cheesy Chicken Chowder
- Instant Pot Chili Verde
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Best Creamy Chicken Soup
- White Wine Chicken Stew recipe
Beef Tortilla Soup
BEEF TORTILLA SOUP is such an easy and delicious comfort food! Loaded with spices, corn, tomatoes, and everything you'd expect from the perfect tortilla soup. Top with shredded cheese, tortilla strips, and all the fixings for the ultimate easy tortilla soup!
- 2 lbs lean ground chuck browned and drained of grease
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes or generic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cups water
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled steak sauce your favorite
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can red beans drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- Juice of ½ fresh lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Tortilla chips like regular Tostitos
- Shredded cheese Mexican blend, Cheddar or your favorite
- Optional Toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Avocado slices
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large Dutch oven or soup pan.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add minced garlic and cook and additional 30 seconds.
- Add ingredients (including the browned ground chuck), but NOT the cilantro, chips and cheese.
- Cover the pot, bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer 45-60 minutes.
- Add freshly chopped cilantro and stir well.
- To serve:
- Pour soup into heatproof bowls and top with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- If desired, garnish with avocado slices and/or sour cream.