Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos are perfect for busy mornings! With this freezer breakfast burritos recipe, you can make your own at home. Store them in the freezer, then grab and go! They’re easy to make, filled with delicious ingredients, and great for meal prep.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
These make ahead breakfast burritos have been a total game changer in our house! They’re quick and easy to make, they’re absolutely delicious, and you can make a batch for weekly meal prep.
Inspired by our favorite Mexican flavors, these are packed with eggs, ham, sausage, hash browns, and cheese, then seasoned with taco seasoning. Every bite is delicious, and they are plenty filling.
Make up a big batch of these freezer breakfast burritos (for one, or for the whole family) and enjoy them throughout the week. You can heat them right from frozen, so they’re truly fast for busy mornings.
Why You’ll Love this Breakfast Burrito Recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: You can make and eat these breakfast burritos right away, or you can make them ahead of time to free up your mornings. Prep them, then keep them in the fridge or freezer.
- GRAB N GO: This is the perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Grab one out of the freezer, reheat it, and you can eat on the go. Or pack them up for work or school.
- TASTY: With all of the tasty ingredients, these are just so delicious. Every bite is bursting with flavor!
What do you put in a homemade breakfast burrito? Anything you want! But for this Mexican-inspired option, these are ingredients we recommend.
- Diced Ham
- Crumbled Sausage
- Mexican-blend Shredded Cheese
- Taco Seasoning
All of this is wrapped up in a tortilla, and you can top them off with salsa, sour cream, or hot sauce! You can also swap out the meat option (or leave it out completely), add your favorite seasonings and herbs, or add some veggies (like diced bell pepper).
How to Make Breakfast Burritos
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook hash browns, ham, and sausage in a skillet.
- Whisk together the eggs with the seasoning.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet with the hash brown mixture, then stir and cook.
- Stir in the cheese once the eggs are cooked through.
- Spread the egg mixture onto the tortillas, fold and freeze.
These are the perfect freezer-friendly breakfast. I always have a few on hand!
How do you freeze make ahead breakfast burritos?
Once you have made the breakfast burritos, let them cool slightly and wrap each one tightly in aluminum foil (a double layer is ideal). Then place them in a freezer-safe bag to keep them all together, and freeze. That’s it!
How do you reheat frozen breakfast burritos?
When ready to serve, you can heat up the burritos straight from frozen. You can cook them on a grill pan until heated through, or microwave for a super quick meal.
If microwaving, heat on 30% for 1 minute and 30 seconds, and then on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Microwaves vary so check after minute if you think necessary.
It’s easy to change up the ingredients, so they can be as healthy as you want them to be. Use egg whites only, add veggies, leave out the potatoes, use ground turkey…there are plenty of options to makes changes for your diet preferences.
Unfrozen, the make ahead breakfast burritos will keep for a day or two in the fridge. Or you can freeze them for up to 2 weeks. They will last a little bit longer than that, but they’re best within 2 weeks.
Place the bulk of the filling in the center of the tortillas in a long/rectangular shape. Fold in the two “short” ends over the filling. Holding those down, grab one of the remaining sides and roll it over the filling. Finish rolling, and everything should be tucked in and neat.
These make ahead breakfast burritos are filled with so many amazing ingredients (eggs, potatoes, sausage, cheese), so they are plenty filling on their own. They’re truly a grab and go meal! But you can add some fresh fruit or a yogurt to eat on the side.
- Wrap the breakfast burritos tightly in foil before placing in a freezer bag. This will help to protect them when freezing, and they’ll be easy to grab one at a time.
- There’s no need to thaw the burritos before heating, just microwave!
- Have fun experimenting with different fillings! You can put any ingredients you like in these.
- If you’re going to be eating these within a few days, I recommend just refrigerating instead of freezing.
- Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Bread Protein Balls
- Pumpkin Microwave Oatmeal
- PBJ Overnight Oats
These freezer breakfast burritos are going to change your mornings! The whole family will have a delicious, filling meal to start the day, and you don’t even need to wake up early. Be sure to make a batch of these for weekly meal prep and stock your freezer, so everything is ready to grab and go!
- Copycat Egg McMuffins
- Steak and Egg Breakfast Tacos
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
- Apple, Ham, and Cheese Frittatas
- Cheesy Migas
- Cheesy Baked Breakfast Sliders
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!