Skip the lines at McDonald’s and treat yourself to one of this delicious homemade Egg McMuffin Recipe instead. Easy and simple to make, this is one delicious breakfast.
Copycat McDonald’s Egg McMuffins
If you are a lover of McDonald’s famous egg McMuffins, then you are going to LOVE this homemade recipe!
Easy to make, this is one breakfast that the whole family will love!
Why you’ll love this Homemade Egg McMuffin recipe:
- BUDGET FRIENDLY: Compared to your usual McDonald’s breakfast, this recipe is much kinder on your wallet!
- HEALTHIER: You’re not just skipping the queues with this breakfast recipe, but you’re also skipping on some of the fat and calories.
- KID FRIENDLY: Even your picky eaters are going to love this homemade breakfast sandwich. They’ll think it’s such a treat!
If you are addicted to a McDonald’s breakfast, then you are going to adore this homemade version!
How to make Egg McMuffin Breakfast Sandwiches at Home
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Toast and butter the muffins.
- Cook the bacon on each side.
- Fry the eggs in a ring.
- Place the cheese on the muffins and place the egg on top of the cheese.
- Top with the bacon, close the sandwich and enjoy.
Christmas Morning Faves
34+ Christmas Morning Recipes
Nothing better than waking up to an amazing (and easy) breakfast bright and early on Christmas.
So that the eggs fit nicely into the muffins, you need to cook them in a mason jar lid or metal ring mold. As the eggs cook, they remain perfectly round.
Muffins are used at McDonald’s, so I wanted to stick closely to their classic recipe. You could make these with bagels or even a toasted roll if you prefer.
For that authentic taste, use American sliced cheese. You can of course use other cheese slices like Jack or mozzarella if you prefer.
Yes! Once you have made these egg McMuffins, let them cool and wrap in foil and keep refrigerated. You can eat them cold, or heat them up for a couple of minutes in the microwave to enjoy.
These homemade egg McMuffins are delicious as they are, but feel free to add some ketchup if you like. For a bigger breakfast, go all out and add a sausage!
Simple to make and delicious to eat, the whole family will be so happy you made these!
- Break up the yolk when you fry the egg so that it doesn’t burst when you bite into the sandwich.
- Use Canadian bacon that is circular in shape. It’s already cooked, so just needs to be crisped up a little.
- It’s easy to adapt these egg McMuffins to suit your tastes; add more cheese, skip the bacon it’s up to you!
These sandwiches feel like such a treat, but you’ll know that they are way healthier than than the takeout alternative!
It’s so easy to make egg McMuffins at home! They taste so delicious, and it’s sure to satisfy that McDonald’s craving!
More Breakfast Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!