This pumpkin whiskey smash is the perfect cocktail to enjoy this fall. Made with homemade pumpkin simple syrup and seasoned with pumpkin pie spice, this whisky cocktail is one cozy drink.
Pumpkin Whiskey Cocktails for Fall
Simple to make, this pumpkin whiskey cocktail is perfect to serve for Halloween and Thanksgiving and is perfectly grown up in it’s flavors. Seasoned with your favorite flavors of fall, this is one easy sipper!
Why you’ll love this Pumpkin Smash Cocktail recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: This cocktail can be made the day before, so it’s perfect if you are entertaining.
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: This is a pitcher cocktail so it’s great for serving a crowd. The recipe is easily doubled too.
- WARMING: Seasoned with pumpkin spice, this is a cozy drink, not to mention the warming flavors from the whiskey.
This orange cocktail is perfect for your fall entertaining, sit back and relax with a glass!
How to make a Pumpkin Smash with Whiskey
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the pumpkin simple syrup by combining the ingredients and simmering.
- Let the simple syrup cool.
- Combine the simple syrup, lemon juice and whisky in a pitcher.
- Add ice and serve.
Yes! You can easily make a pitcher of this cocktail the night before and keep it covered in the fridge. Don’t add the ice as this will melt and dilute the drink, add it just before serving.
This pumpkin whiskey smash is delicious served as it is, but it comes alive with some garnishes. Lemon slices, star anise, mint, cinnamon sticks or rosemary all make great additions, as does a sugar rim on the glasses.
This pumpkin cocktail packs a punch, and you definitely know that it’s a whiskey cocktail! If you prefer a milder flavor, you can add some soda water to water it down a little when you pour it into glasses.
Most importantly, use a whiskey that you enjoy to drink. It doesn’t have to be top shelf, but one you enjoy. Try a bourbon like Jack Daniels, or a Johnnie Walker Red Label or Buffalo Trace works a treat.
- You can rim the glass with sugar for a beautiful effect.
- Garnish it with lemon slices, star anise, mint, cinnamon sticks or rosemary.
- You can make the cocktail the night before and hold the ice until you are ready to serve.
- The pumpkin spice simple syrup will keep well in the fridge for up to a week.
Whether you just want to cozy up on a chilly fall evening, or looking for a festive cocktail to serve at Halloween or Thanksgiving, then you can’t go wrong with this beauty!
This pumpkin whiskey smash is so quick and easy to make and I love the bright orange color of it! It’s the best cocktail for anyone that loves pumpkin. Make up a double batch as it will disappear quickly!
More Fall Cocktail Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!