SKINNY BAKED SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS are our favorite healthy dinner! Such an easy recipe that everyone will love.
For me, it doesn’t get better than Skinny Baked Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas! They have everything I love about good recipes; they’re SUPER EASY, full of flavor, and loved by all. They are perfect for two; we have made this recipe over and over. I love them for an easy lunch or for a low key dinner…I just cannot get enough! A couple simple changes make these a healthy Mexican option, and you won’t even miss the calories!
This is the type of recipe that takes ZERO prep. No cooking the chicken beforehand. I guess technically you need to chop the veggies…but that is IT. Throw it all in a pan and bake for 25 minutes and you’re set. A delicious, skinny, and simple dinner that also makes great leftovers. Win win!
When I made this previously, I piled on the cheese. There is no need for all that. This has plenty of flavor on its own. (If I’m foregoing the cheese and not missing it…you know it’s true!). I sprinkled a bit of Queso Fresco but you can leave it off all-together to make this even healthier. I swear you won’t miss it.
My other trick is subbing Greek Yogurt in place of sour cream. Now…let’s be clear…I’m a HUGE fan of sour cream. But you won’t taste the difference. We do this on so many Mexican meals and it’s a new favorite way to skim calories.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup diced roma tomatoes (or 1/2 can drained diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, you can use green, red, or yellow or all 3!
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Fajita seasoning
- 4 medium tortillas (either whole wheat or flour)
- 1 large lime, cut in slices (for garnish)
- Queso Fresco, cilantro, and greek yogurt for garnish
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together the tomatoes, onion, and peppers and place in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, fajita seasoning, and chopped cilantro. Toss in the chicken and stir until fully coated.
- Place the coated chicken into the baking dish with the vegetables. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked fully and vegetables are fork tender.
- Tip: with about 8 minutes left, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm them. Very tasty!
- Serve with warmed tortillas, greek yogurt, cilantro, and Queso Fresco (optional)