Creamy, cheesy and bursting with flavors, this Chicken Fajita Pasta makes a great addition to your weekly meal rota. Easy to make, filling and delicious!
Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta
Packed with all your favorite fajita ingredients, this dish fuses Italian and Mexican to create a super satisfying meal, with no fuss and minimal clean. It piles in loads of goodies, from colorful bell peppers to protein packed chicken, all covered in a rich and creamy sauce – so good!
Why You’ll Love this Fajita Pasta Recipe:
- KID FRIENDLY: Bejewelled with colorful bell peppers and loaded with fajita flavors, this dish is a slam dunk with the little ones.
- EASY PASTA RECIPE: A hearty meal that comes together in one pan and takes no longer than 30 mins.
- A CREAMY PASTA SAUCE: A finger licking cream sauce that provides the perfect balance to the fajita seasoned chicken and peppers.
Cheesy, creamy and perfectly seasoned. You will not believe the great flavors coming out of this pasta meal!
How to Make Chicken Fajita Pasta
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the pasta al dente, according to package instructions.
- In a large pan or skillet, add in the seasoning, the chicken and then the veggies.
- Mix in your creamy sauce ingredients to the skillet.
- Stir in the cheese and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Top with sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges.
I prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken breast but you could use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Chicken thigh take a bit longer, so make sure they are cooked through.
You can use all kinds of pasta, shapes with lots of nooks and crannies are great as they scoop up all that creamy sauce. You could go for shells, rigatoni, penne, elbow or farfalle. Sky’s the limit!
Absolutely! I love this homemade fajita seasoning recipe.
This chicken fajita pasta is fairly mild. You can up the spice by adding some cayenne or crushed red chili flakes. Or decrease the amount of green chilies if you want it milder.
This is a a full meal on its own but you can totally amp it up with a salad or some fresh bread. Here are some favorites:
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- Best Caprese Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Honey Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
Salads are great for a lighter side but some crusty bread is perfect for mopping up all that deliciously creamy sauce!
Chicken Fajita Pasta Make Ahead Instructions
You can cook the chicken and vegetables a couple of hours ahead of time, before you want to serve the final dish
How to Store Chicken Fajita Pasta
Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing this pasta – cream-based recipes don’t thaw and reheat well.
Tips for Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta
– Be sure to cook the chicken into bite size pieces.
– If your sauce is not looking thick, continue cooking for a bit longer.
– Ideally shred your own cheese, as pre shredded cheeses contains anti caking agents and does not melt as well.
Chicken Fajita Pasta Variations
– You can substitute the chicken for other meat such as shrimp or beef. Or you can leave the meat out altogether.
– Feel free to pile in more veggies, such as mushrooms, courgettes, broccoli or sweetcorn.
– Increase the spice with crushed red chilies or cayenne pepper
– Other noodles work well, like fusilli, rigatoni or elbow.
– You can totally add in gluten free noodles too.
More 30 Minute Recipes We Love
You and your family are going to love this delicious fajita chicken pasta. Hearty pasta noodles coupled with addictive Mexican flavors. It’s that wonderful combination of filling and flavor packed!
More Mexican Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Chicken Nachos Recipe
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Slaw
- Best Steak Fajitas Recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!