Skinny Margarita – Classic Margarita Recipe
This Skinny Margarita Recipe is my go-to simple margarita recipe! With only 5 margarita ingredients (good tequila, fruit juices, agave nectar, and soda) and lots of flavor, this classic margarita is a guilt free cocktail. This Skinny Margarita is just perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
This Skinny Margarita is my favorite fresh simple margarita recipe to make for celebrating Cinco de Mayo.
I have SO many margarita recipes on the site. There’s nothing like a Classic Margarita Recipe. It’s one of my favorite cocktails and so easy to customize. But when thinking about Cinco De Mayo coming up, I realized that I haven’t posted my very favorite version; the easiest and most simple, a Classic Skinny Margarita! How have I never posted this go-to favorite for you to enjoy as much as we do??
This Skinny Margarita Recipe is made with fresh ingredients like fresh lime and orange juice, and sweetened with agave nectar to keep things on the healthier side. I’m obsessed!
This Classic Margarita Recipe is super quick to throw together any ol’ night and especially perfect for Cinco De Mayo!
If you’re wondered how many calories are in a Margarita, you’re not alone! Normally there are a lot, but this Skinny Margarita Recipe version has under 200 calories per (large) glass! I call that a win!
I’ve never been a fan of sweet and sour or Triple Sec in margaritas, so this Classic Skinny Margarita recipe is the perfect quick cheers for me. These margaritas have just four simple ingredients: lime juice, agave nectar, orange juice, and TEQUILA. Of course tequila. They’re light, not too sweet, and super addicting. So watch out!
Sometimes I try to get too creative with cocktails when the classic versions, like this Simple Margarita Recipe, are really the best on the block.
Flavored margs are great; there is always a place for Strawberry Margarita Punch or Spicy Blackberry Margaritas, but when I want a quick sip after a long day or an easy way to celebrate any occasion, Classic Skinny Margaritas are my favorite. I love the simplicity and that they’re practically guilt-free. With other margaritas it’s like your calories for the day flew out the window and straight to your waistline. These aren’t so bad. You can have two and not feel like an entire day of eating right is down the drain.
Tips for making this Skinny Margarita:
- Always use fresh juice: Whenever we are asked how to make a Margarita, we always say FRESH JUICE ONLY. Fresh lime juice and orange juice are simply a MUST in this Skinny Margarita Recipe. Fresh citrus juice will brighten up the flavors and make your drink that much better.
- Use a fun salt combination to spice things up: Regular course sea salt is always great on the rim, but you can make things extra fun by using ancho chili salt or even salt mixed with lime zest. Get creative and have fun!
- Always serve extra cold: No one likes warm tequila. Keep it in your freezer and shake it up in this Margarita Recipe for the ultimate frosty sip.
- Is a frozen margarita more your speed?: Blend with ice for the ultimate cold treat this Summer. Add in a bit more juice to brighten things up even more.
I hope this Skinny Margarita makes your Cinco de Mayo a bit more fun and tasty this year!
Pair this Classic Simple Margarita Recipe with some of our favorite (EASY) Mexican food such a the BEST White Queso Recipe, Baked Chicken Tacos, Sheet Pan Fajitas, and Chicken Nachos. We’ve got you covered this year with all the best Cinco de Mayo Recipes! Cheers, friends.
This Skinny Margarita Recipe is my go-to simple margarita recipe! With only 5 ingredients (good tequila, fruit juices, agave nectar, and soda) and lots of flavor, this classic margarita is a guilt free cocktail. This Skinny Margarita is just perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 3 ounces (2 shots) good quality tequila
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces (a bit under 1/2 cup) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Splash sparkling water per glass. (optional)
- course salt and lime wedges for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake to combine.
- Pour over ice into salt rimmed glasses. Pour a splash of sparkling water into each glass. Garnish with limes and serve.
Want more skinny cocktail recipes to try?
Did you make this recipe?
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe to have posts delivered straight to your inbox!