When the weather gets hot, why not treat your pupper to some homemade dog ice cream! Whether it’s their birthday, maybe they’ve got a new job or just passed their driving test, celebrate with some puppy ice cream. This is such an easy recipe, peanut flavor with bacon bits – you’re dog will love you for it!
I made my best sous-chef (my Yellow Lab Scout) some homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats. Since then, I’ve been brainstorming other puppy treats to make. I came across some recipes for Puppy Ice Cream and thought she would just LOVE some Peanut Butter Bacon Puppy Ice Cream for her birthday!! Dessert for dogs, who’s a god boy or girl!
Table of Contents
Why this Puppy Ice Cream is so good
- Easy to make, only 3 ingredients needed.
- A delicious treat for your dog, without the sugar of human ice cream.
- Add in your dogs fave flavors.
- Make doggie ice cream sandwiches!
- Peanut Butter – go for creamy. I sued Smuckers ‘Natural’.
- Plain Yogurt – Greek yogurt is good, it has significantly less lactose than regular yogurt.
- Bacon bits – optional!
How to make Puppy Ice Cream
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe
Mix the ingredients and freeze, serve to your dog in 1/2 and 1 cup increments!
Homemade Dog Friendly Ice Cream
Dog-friendly ice cream is softer and easier to portion than other frozen treats. That makes it a great choice for dogs that tend to scarf treats whole or for senior dogs with limited teeth. These ice cream recipes also work well as meal toppers that mix in easily with regular dog food.
Puppy Ice Cream Sandwich
Add in some Peanut Butter Dog Treats and make an ice cream sandwich, my dog loved them! If an ice cream sandwich is desired, place a scoop of the ice cream between two circular dog treats, scrap the excess off the sides, and freeze again (to make less messy).
It was a huge success, so much so that I couldn’t really capture it on film. She definitely loved it!! Since she is on a bit of a diet (Scout is big-boned…not fat…but some say 110 lbs is too big for a female lab…??) she only got to eat one for now. These freeze really well, so I have the others waiting for her in the freezer. She will thank me once the summer heat rolls in! Girl loves to eat!
Flavors of Puppy Ice Cream
Making doggie ice cream is really easy. It’s all based on plain yogurt and fresh ingredients that are good for dogs like bacon and peanut butter. Every dog is different so you know what is good for them and how much they should enjoy. you could try Oatmeal and Cinnamon or how about Banana and Strawberries.
- Ice Cream lasts up to 8 weeks in the freezer so your furry friends can enjoy them for a long time.
- Consider toppings or add-ins. For instance, splash in some low-sodium chicken broth.
- Use doggie treats to make an ice cream sandwich.
- Do make sure to avoid giving your dog sweetened dairy products, especially anything with artificial sweeteners. Greek yogurt for dogs is good, thanks to its high protein content.
Check out these great desserts for humans!
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Brown Sugar Icing (Easy Pound Cake Recipe)
- Butterscotch Pie Recipe (VIDEO)
- Pink Grapefruit Cake with Ginger Grapefruit Glaze
- Velvet Chocolate Cake Recipe with Chocolate Ganache Icing (Chocolate Bundt Cake)
Have you tried this Puppy Ice Cream? Feel free to leave a star rating (from your pupper) and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!