These fried chicken taquitos are quick and easy to make and loaded with your favorite Mexican flavors. The perfect appetizer to serve to friends and family.
Fried Chicken Taquitos Recipe
Taquitos are one of my favorite Mexican appetizers to serve up for game day, and they are way more simple to make than you might think!
Filled with a seasoned cream cheese and chicken mix, every bite is super crunch and delicious!
Be sure to try my other Mexican apps like my layered dip and Mexican potato skins.
Why you’ll love this Chicken Taquitos recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: These taquitos are freezer friendly and can be made a day ahead of time.
- EASY: There’s nothing complicated about this recipe, just mix together the filling, roll it in the tortillas and fry!
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: This recipe makes 20 taquitos, perfect for serving lots of friends and family!
Be sure to try this Air Fryer Taquitos recipe, green chile taquitos, or beef taquitos.
How to make Chicken Taquitos
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the ingredients for the chicken filling.
- Heat the oil.
- Warm the tortillas.
- One at a time, roll some of the filling into a tortilla.
- Fry in the oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
What do you serve them with?
When it comes to Mexican appetizers, I’m all about the toppings and dips, and these chicken taquitos are no different! There’s no wrong answer when it comes to dressing these up! Try them with:
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Black Olives
- Taco Sauce
- Fresh Cilantro
Can you make them ahead of time?
The taquitos are best filled and cooked at the same time so that the tortilla doesn’t get soggy. You can cook the the day before and store in an airtight container. Reheat them in the oven at 425F for 10 to 15 minutes to serve. I wouldn’t make them any further ahead of time.
Can you freeze them?
Yes! The fried taquitos can be frozen for up to 3 months and can be heated through right from frozen. Just set the frozen taquitos on to a baking sheet at 425F for around 20 minutes. Cover them with foil for the first part of cooking so they don’t brown too quickly.
Game Day is covered!
101+ Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes
If its game day grub you crave, we have all the recipes you need to win big! Check out our easy Super Bowl recipes (or World Series, March Madness, National Championship, you get the idea!)
- Make sure your oil is hot enough before adding the taquitos. It should be around 325-350F.
- Don’t over fill the tortillas and be sure to wrap them tightly so that the filling doesn’t escape.
These fried chicken taquitos are always a crowd pleaser and I love how easy they are too make. This is a sure fire way to impress your guests!
More Chicken Appetizer Recipes we Love
- Crispy Chicken Fingers
- Boursin Chicken Roll Ups
- Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Flautas
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.