This homemade BBQ Chex mix is the most perfect snacking recipe for game day and beyond! loaded with flavor and super easy to make!
BBQ Snack Mix Recipe
Game day is just around the corner, and that means appetizers! This BBQ Chex mix is nice and easy to make and is the perfect accompaniment to a few cold beers!
Made with a mix of cereals, and with flavors of honey, chili and BBQ, these snacks are irresistible, so be sure to make a big batch!
For more snack recipes, be sure to try Candied Corn Puffs, Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chex Mix, Mom’s Famous Chex Party Mix, and Salted Caramel Puppy Chow.
Why you’ll love this BBQ Chex Mix recipe:
- PERFECT FOR A CROWD: This recipe will easily make 10 cups of snack mix and is easily double or tripled.
- MAKE AHEAD: This BBQ chex mix ha a pretty long shelf life and can even be frozen.
- QUICK AND EASY: There’s really nothing complicated about this recipe. A few simple ingredients and it’s ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
How to make BBQ Chex Mix
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the cereal in a large bowl.
- Melt the batter and whisk in the seasonings.
- Pour the butter of the cereal and mix well.
- Place the mix on to baking sheets and cook until golden brown.
How long does it keep?
Once you have made your BBQ Chex mix, let it cool completely before transferring to an airtight container. It will keep well at room temperature for up to 10 days, so it’s a great make ahead snack option.
Can you freeze it?
Yes! You can freeze the baked Chex mix, so be sure to make a double batch! It will keep well frozen for up to 3 months and you can thaw it at room temperature before enjoying.
What can you serve it with?
Serve this BBQ chex mix in bowls for people to pick at between sips of beers or cola. It’s great to serve up as part of a buffet along with other favorite apps like Grape Jelly Meatballs and Chicken Wings.
- Allow the BBQ Chex mix to cool completely before serving. As it cools it will get nice and crispy.
- If you like your snacks on the spicy side, add in a little more cayenne.
- Use two baking sheets for this recipe rather than piling the Chex mix on to one. They’ll cook more evenly this way.
Game Day is covered!
101+ Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes
If its game day grub you crave, we have all the recipes you need to win big! Check out our easy Super Bowl recipes (or World Series, March Madness, National Championship, you get the idea!)
This BBQ Chex mix is such and effortless recipe but it is always a crowd pleaser! Be sure to hold some back because it will disappear quickly!
More Snack Mix Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.