This butterscotch monkey bread recipe is hands down delicious! Perfect for a make-ahead breakfast or brunch, this bubble bread is easy to make and more than addictive!
Weekends are made for lazy breakfasts and brunches, and this butterscotch monkey bread is sure to be the star of the show! It looks so impressive and each bite is wonderfully sticky and sweet!
Why You’ll Love this Monkey Bread:
- MAKE-AHEAD: This recipe is made the night before, so in the morning, you just have to put it in the oven and serve.
- FUN: The butterscotch sauce cooks with the monkey bread, so when you lift the top, the sauce melts down all over it. There’s no extra sauce or garnishing needed.
- PERFECT FOR A CROWD: This recipe serves 8 people, so it’s perfect if you have overnight guests.
How to Make Butterscotch Monkey Bread
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Grease a bundt pan.
- Melt the butter, pudding mix, sugar, cinnamon, and salt and whisk together.
- Sprinkle pecans into the pan.
- Place half of the frozen rolls on top of the pecans.
- Sprinkle the rest of the pecans on top, followed by half of the pudding mix, the rest of the rolls and then top with the rest of the pudding mix.
- Cover the pan and let sit overnight.
- Bake until cooked through and let cool.
- Turn the bread out and serve.
If you do have leftovers, the bread will keep well for 2-3 days. Place it in an airtight container and keep it at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
Baked monkey bread can be frozen. Let it cool to room temperature and wrap it in foil and place it in a freezer bag. Keep the bread in the bundt pan. It will keep well for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight and warm it through in the oven to serve.
Monkey bread is traditionally baked in a bundt tin so that it forms a doughnut shape and it’s easy to pull apart. If you are in a pinch, you can use a large, high-sided loaf tin.
- This recipe will take at least 5 hours to thaw the dough (or 8-10 hours overnight)
- If using a 9-inch Bundt pan, reduce the number of rolls to 19 and keep the remaining ingredients the same.
- The bread is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 200°F-205°F or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. It will be puffy and crisp on the top.
More Easy Sweet Bread Recipes
- Brown Butter Banana Bread
- Glazed Lemon Cranberry Bread
- Orange Almond Sweet Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Microwave Monkey Bread