Make this SKINNY ONE PAN CARIBBEAN JERK CHICKEN SKILLET in just 15 minutes! Topped with mango salsa for a cool kick. A delicious and easy weeknight meal!
We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, and I’ve been really missing the flavors ever since. Jerk Chicken, is there anything better? So much spice and flavor, pairing so well with pineapple, mango, and other sweet fruit. I decided to toss all those delicious flavors into one meal…in ONE SKILLET! This Skinny One Pan Caribbean Jerk Chicken Skillet (that’s a delicious mouthful) is just the thing to take me back to our amazing honeymoon, and keep me on track for potentially wearing a swimsuit this summer…MAYBE.
I love the colors of this dish. There’s flavor just in looking at it! Reminds me of the sights and sounds of the Caribbean. So much beauty, personality, and flavor at every turn. TAKE ME BACK! This One Pan Caribbean Jerk Chicken Skillet is going to have to suffice for now I guess. WAAAAAHHHHHH. At least it’s super tasty.
This post is a bit short and sweet, but that’s just because this dish is so simple, delicious, and pretty. What more is there to say than that? If you love spice, you’ll LOVE this. And guess what, only one pot to clean up!!! Gosh I love recipes like this. I cannot get enough. I hope you’re not sick of one pan dishes yet, because I feel like I’m just getting started!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
4 based on 22 review(s)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 habernero chile, seeded and finely chopped (important to remove the seeds, this puppy is HOT, handle with care)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large mangos, peeled pitted and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- In a high powered blender, combine the green onions, garlic, chile, lime juice, soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and pepper. Process until fully combined and smooth.
- Coat all four chicken breasts generously with the jerk paste. Place in a large ziplock bag and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to make the dish, preheat oven to 350F and remove chicken from the fridge.
- Make your mango salsa by combining all the ingredients in a medium bowl and setting aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the 1 tablespoon olive oil. Swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Add all four chicken breasts into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, searing but not completely cooking the chicken through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and cover in the mango salsa.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through (no pink)
- Garnish with more cilantro and chopped jalapeño if desired.