One Pot Chicken Alfredo is the easiest dinner recipe ever! This EASY chicken alfredo recipe is so creamy, and it’s made in one skillet, tossed with sun dried tomatoes. Best dinner ever!
One Pot Chicken Alfredo
This one pot chicken alfredo skillet is one of my favorite weeknight dinners. It’s made with chicken, penne, sun-dried tomatoes, and any alfredo sauce you love!
I cannot get enough of one pan meals. Less dishes to clean, quicker prep, and all around EASY RECIPES. Everything about it is just perfect for me.
This One Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe is incredibly simple, thrown together in under 30 minutes, and sure to please. It’s loaded with alfredo, cheese, chicken, and sun dried tomatoes. It’s everything you need for the perfect dinner at home, any day of the year!
A couple weeks ago I made my Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet, and it got me thinking that the same preparation could apply to all sorts of flavor combinations. I see a trend in my future, because I’m addicted to this easy chicken alfredo. So good!
Make the best chicken alfredo in one pan. Easy, simple, quick, and delicious!
Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe
This one pot chicken alfredo is truly the EASIEST. It’s made with penne and your favorite jar sauce, all in one skillet, so it’s a totally stress free dinner.
I love how this easy chicken alfredo cooks up in the skillet and is just ready to eat. Almost magic! I wish I had known recipes like this existed back in the day when I literally thought boiling water was too difficult. This would have been a game changer! You can pretend to be a gourmet chef all the while barely lifting a finger. This one is a winner, folks!
Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
Besides the penne, chicken, and alfredo sauce, there are a few things in this pasta to make it extra flavorful, like Italian dressing, oregano, and of course CHEESE. I also added in some sun-dried tomatoes to add color and and even more flavorful, but you can leave them out of you want.
It’s easy to add in other veggies and things to this one pot chicken alfredo too. Here’s some ideas:
- Red Peppers
- Roma Tomatoes
- Other types of cheese
Such a versatile recipe!
How to Make One Pot Chicken Alfredo
This easy chicken alfredo is a lifesaver on weeknights. It’s quick and clean up is easy, plus it just tastes amazing!
- Heat chicken and Italian dressing in a large 12 inch skillet over medium high heat (If you don’t own a large skillet, you can use a stock pot). Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
- Add the box of pasta and the entire jar of alfredo (or 3 cups of homemade alfredo). Fill the empty marinara jar with water and add to the skillet. If using a stockpot, use 2 cups water. Add the salt and pepper to taste and the dried oregano. Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender to your liking.
- Stir in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted. You can also broil the entire skillet for about 4 minutes to make the cheese extra melty!
What should I serve with chicken alfredo?
This dish is so filling, which makes it the perfect quick dinner. But I love serving it with a simple salad, some garlic bread, or even a side of veggies if I didn’t add them into the pasta.
My favorite salad to eat with pasta is this copycat Olive Garden Salad with the Italian Dressing. I either go for the homemade garlic bread or the foccacia. Both are delicious, I just need those carbs! Such a perfect dinner!
Easy Pasta Recipes
This recipe is just perfect for Mondays. The easier the better if you ask me! And if you like this One Pot Chicken Alfredo Skillet, be sure to check out our Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet or our One Pot Pasta Caprese! Super similar, but with a different flavor profile. Both are two of my favorite recipes on the site! Can’t go wrong with a one pot recipe.
See the recipe card for details on how to make this One Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe. Enjoy!
I LOVE alfredo, so be sure to try my other alfredo favorites:
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Baked Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage
- Baked Alfredo Nachos
- Chicken Alfredo with Feta