Butter Baked Chicken and Cream is an easy chicken recipe that everyone will love. This butter and cream chicken recipe is filled with delicious savory flavors that are just perfect! Serve it with rice, potatoes, and asparagus for a full meal!
Butter Baked Chicken and Cream
This creamy butter baked chicken recipe is a simple and delicious dish for easy dinners with the family!
This crispy baked chicken with butter is a simple recipe that will knock your socks off. It’s so juicy, so tender, and so delicious. Just an all around classic chicken dish with no frills but lots of flavor! I guarantee this will become one of your staple, go-to recipes for your family.
Why You’ll Love this Creamy Baked Chicken Recipe:
- EASY: You only need a few ingredients and a few steps to make this butter baked chicken!
- CREAMY AND CRISPY: Get the best of both worlds with this dish. The skin comes out super crispy, and the creamy butter creates juicy chicken.
- WEEKLY DINNER: This is one of those recipes you’ll want to add to your weeknight dinner rotation. It’s so simple but so delicious!
This butter cream chicken recipe is so yummy and super easy to make! I love when I can create a recipe inspired by restaurants, but eat it at home instead.
- Chicken: Use skin-on chicken breast.
- Butter: Use real butter, not margarine. It won’t give you the same creamy texture or rich flavor.
- Flour: We’re using flour to dredge the chicken breast, to crispy up the texture.
- Seasonings: Paprika, herbs de Provence, salt & pepper
- Dry Milk Powder: Mixed with hot water, this creates a milk to add into the dish.
How to Make Butter Baked Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat oven and grease baking dish.
- Dip the chicken breasts in water, then coat with flour and herb mixture.
- Place chicken in the baking dish and dot with pats of butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take chicken out of the oven and pour in the milk mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 more minutes.
That’s it! Delicious creamy baked chicken ready to eat!
When I say easy chicken recipe, I mean easy! It takes a while to bake, but the process of making it is so simple. Don’t confuse with Indian butter chicken though which is also delicious!
This recipe uses chicken breast with skin on–we want it to get crispy! But you can substitute chicken thighs if you prefer. Just adjust the cook time as needed.
Dry milk powder create a thicker, creamier texture. Using regular liquid milk thins out the consistency too much for my liking, although you can use it instead if needed.
I love the mix of parika and herbs de provence for this simple baked chicken. It creates a nice savory flavor. But you could also add garlic, rosemary, Italian seasoning, or chili powder to add heat.
Serve this creamy butter baked chicken with any and all of your favorite meals. It makes a great main with a variety of side dishes. I love serving it with rice, veggies and potatoes. But it really does go with anything.
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Sauteed Asparagus with Pancetta
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Creamed Corn with Bacon
I can’t get over how creamy this chicken is. Sometimes simple ingredients really add up to one amazing meal! This butter baked chicken with cream is so flavorful, and so easy to make. The flavors bake to perfection and make the juiciest chicken ever.
- Be sure to grease the baking dish to prevent sticking or burning.
- Keep the dish uncovered for the first 15 minute cook time (before adding the milk). Then cover it for the bulk of baking.
- Internal temperature should reach 165F before consuming.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 3 days.
- Reheat in the oven to get the crispy skin back for the second round.
Add this butter baked chicken recipe to your weekly menu ASAP. The whole family will love it, and you’ll love making it. It’s crispy, creamy, juicy, and so simple, you’ll never get tired of it.
More Baked Chicken Recipes We Love
- Caesar Baked Chicken
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
- Baked Mozzarella Chicken Roll Ups
- Southwest Chicken Bake
- Baked Fried Chicken Recipe
- Roast Chicken and Potatoes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!
You have hit it. I live in Kansas City and grew up going to Stephenson’s several times a year and this is what I always ordered. Live this recipe. So everyone knows you can buy dry milk in a small pouch. I buy the big box to have on hand for this recipe!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing!
Holy smokes, this was a fantastic recipe! We had purchased rather large chicken breasts, which made me weary of drying out, but alas, they were perfect! I am not the most season cook so these were simple and delicious. Homerun for the household!! Thank you!!
That’s so wonderful to hear!! I’m happy you enjoyed it!
Can I use regular milk instead of dry??
Yes, but then I would use a little less since its liquid!
Why no regular milk address in the comments, many people have same question. Does this make or break the recipe? please answer
You can use regular milk! I would use a little less since it is a liquid!
My entire family loved this recipe! We will definitely make it again.
Yay! Thanks for stopping by :)
What is the purpose of using dry milk vs regular milk? Would it make a difference if I substituted?
Can I substitute hot milk?
I don’t ever have dry milk on hand, what do you suggest I use instead?
This looks great! Is there a reason for the powdered milk as opposed to regular milk?
Why can’t you just use milk?