All made in one pan, this cheesy baked gnocchi is one comforting and easy weeknight meal. Fresh gnocchi is baked in a cheesy tomato sauce for an effortless dinner everyone will love.
Oven Baked Gnocchi Recipe
When it comes to comfort food, I often turn to Italian, especially when cheese is involved! This gnocchi bake is all kinds of delicious and super easy to make.
This vegetarian dinner takes minutes to prep before it’s baked in the oven to perfection. Even your picky eaters will love this one!
Why you’ll love this Cheesy Baked Gnocchi recipe:
How to make this Cheesy Gnocchi Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Saute the onion and mushroom til soft.
- Stir in the gnocchi and seasonings.
- Stir in the pasta sauce and top with mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven til the cheese is bubbly.
Is gnocchi pasta?
Although often served like pasta, gnocchi is a dough made of potato, semolina, wheat flour and egg. It’s much denser than pasta. Like pasta, it has a neutral flavor, so is often served in sauces or bakes like this. Use fresh gnocchi for this recipe.
Can you use frozen gnocchi?
Fresh gnocchi is great to use in this dish as you can add it straight to the pot. If you can only find frozen gnocchi, you can use that, but you will have to cook it first. Place the frozen gnocchi in boiling water for two to three minutes before draining and adding it to your pan.
What do you serve it with?
This cheesy gnocchi bake is great served on it’s own, or for a larger meal it’s great with some garlic bread or a fresh side salad. When it comes out of the oven, I like to add some freshly grated parmesan so it’s extra cheesy, and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- You can also add fresh spinach and saute with the mushrooms if you want to incorporate some greens.
- If you like things spicy, add in a few red chili flakes when you mix in the Italian seasonings.
- Leftovers will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days and can be reheated in the oven at 350F.
This cheesy baked gnocchi is all kinds of delicious! It’s a great go to when you want something hearty and comforting. It’s sure to please all!
More Italian Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!