This CHEESY BACON BAKED GNOCCHI is the ultimate comfort food! It’s easy, full of everything I love (pasta, bacon CHEESE), and made in minutes. We are obsessed with this baked pasta. The entire family will love it.
OOOOO!!!!! Cheesy Bacon Baked Gnocchi for the win win win! Sometimes you just need an easy cheesy recipe that you can pop in the oven, let everything melt and bake together, and take it out and enjoy. This is not the blog for making gnocchi by hand…so don’t you worry about that. This is the kind of blog where we take little shortcuts to get cooked meals on the table for your family, and this is one of my recent favorites!
I love the flavor combination, love the ease, and love the hearty comfort food feeling. Everyone loved it from my husband to my 10 month old…so it’s a winner for us. Are you ready to enjoy?
I’ve only ever eaten gnocchi other time and I loved it that time as well. It’s such a thick and delicious pasta. All the flavor soaks right in. You guys…the flavor is insane. If you’ve loved some of my other recipes, like Chicken Parmesan Pasta or Baked Mexican Macaroni and Cheese, I believe you’ll love this recipe as well. Those are both so simple and tasty as well, and if you love those, you get me.
If you’re in the mood for cheese, basil, bacon, pasta, and more cheese; this Cheesy Bacon Baked Gnocchi is for you. I cannot wait for you to try it. This would be an awesome romantic meal to make for your honey for Valentine’s Day! We can keep it between us that it was SO DARN EASY to put together. No one needs to know that. Our little secret. Pair it with Love Potion #9 Martinis and I bet you get that engagement ring!! <3
This CHEESY BACON BAKED GNOCCHI is the ultimate comfort food! It's easy, full of everything I love (pasta, bacon CHEESE), and made in minutes. We are obsessed with this baked pasta. The entire family will love it.
4.5 based on 2 review(s)
- 2 packages (13 ounces, each) prepared gnocchi
- 8 strips bacon lardons (bacon cut into ½ inch strips across the bacon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Italian Blend or Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fine, dried breadcrumbs, toasted
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Optional topping: ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F and butter, or spray, a 2 quart baking dish.
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon pieces until cooked and just shy of crispy.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour the rendered fat into a heat-proof bowl for later use.
- In the prepared casserole dish, add 1-tablespoon bacon fat, cooked bacon, basil, half-and-half, lemon juice, garlic salt, kosher salt, black pepper, cheese and cooked gnocchi. Stir well.
- For the topping, melt the butter and mix in the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Sprinkle the gnocchi with the buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.