Saltine Cracker Toffee is a simple and tasty snack to prepare for unexpected visitors or just for a night in. Chocolate Saltine Toffee is an easy go-to recipe when you just don’t have much on hand. And they’re actually SO good, and so satisfying. This Saltine Cracker Toffee with Chocolate recipe is the perfect thing to keep on hand for when you have a sudden chocolate craving.
Saltine Cracker Toffee with Chocolate
This saltine cracker toffee with chocolate is so easy to make. Just rummage through your pantry for the ingredients and you’re good to go!
Saltine Cracker Toffee is the easiest snack to make on short notice. It requires only a few basic ingredients! And you definitely already have them in your pantry. Chocolate Saltine Toffee is actually so good…it really fulfills that basic chocolate craving we all get from time to time (some of us get it more than others).
Back before i was a bonafide chef (just kidding)…I would literally keep NOTHING in my pantry. When friends and family would come to visit, they were lucky if I’d go stock up on the essentials, like chips and soft batch cookies. Oh, and frozen pizza of course. (Mama Lucia anyone?!) But two things I would always have in stock were saltines and chocolate chips.
Both are wonderful snacks for poor and lazy anti-cooks. Saltines are also awesome if you ever need to entertain guests by seeing who can eat 6 saltines in one minute! (spoiler alert…YOU CAN’T. Scout even tried) ANYWAY…point being that everyone has these ingredients on hand already. Even people like me!
This Saltine Cracker Toffee is perfect for any party, any get-together, or just for snacking while watching the Real Housewives. These are your new go-to dessert!
Saltine Cracker Toffee is the perfect last-minute snack to prepare for guests or just for a fun night in. The salty chocolatey flavor is so addicting!
Chocolate Saltine Toffee is a simple snack
This saltine chocolate bark dessert is more up my alley than those delicious apple dumplings (although I’ve learned how simple a recipe like that really can be…and how impressive). Plus they make such an awesome snack. It makes getting through the work day that much easier knowing this tasty saltine cracker toffee is at home waiting for me!!
Products we recommend for making Saltine Cracker Toffee
How to Make Saltine Cracker Toffee
This Saltine Cracker Toffee Recipe is so easy, you won’t believe it! Just follow these basic steps:
- First, lay out your Saltine crackers
- Boil the brown sugar and butter
- Add the chocolate chips on top
- Finally, spread it all together
- Let the cracker toffee cool and store in the fridge until ready to serve (and in between serving)
This Saltine Cracker Toffee will keep in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 weeks. They taste especially good when cold. Absolutely delicious. My mouth is already watering… I’m going to have to make some more of this chocolate saltine toffee again this weekend!
You’re gonna love this Saltine Cracker Toffee! It’s a quick & easy snack or dessert to make for yourself or for guests. That melted chocolate all over crispy salty crackers makes the best flavor and texture. I can’t wait for you to try it out!
I just love when I know I have a batch of this Chocolate Cracker Toffee waiting or me in the fridge. I like to count the calories I burn while walking to and from the fridge ALL DAY to get more as a wash. That works…right? We make these year round but they’re an especially sweet treat around Christmas. We ALWAYS have some on hand around the holidays.
If you’re looking for other favorite EASY Chocolate Recipes, we have you covered! Here are some faves:
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Easy French Silk Pie
- Easy S’more Cookies
- Homemade Brownies
- Oreo Poke Cake
- 2 Ingredient Fudge
- Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
See the recipe card below for full details on how to make Saltine Cracker Toffee with Chocolate Chips. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for more easy snack recipes, check these out:
- Chex Mix Recipe
- Homemade Tortilla Chips with Blender Salsa
- Homemade Gardetto’s Recipe
- Caramel Pretzels
- Chicken Quesadilla Recipe for a crowd
- Mini Taquitos Recipe
- 1 - 1 1/2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Lay the crackers (salt-side down) in a single layer until the sheet is covered.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick stove-top pan.
- Add the brown sugar and bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes until lighter in color of bubbly.
- Pour carefully over the crackers.
- Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.
- Cool the crackers for 1-2 minutes then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Let sit for a few minutes until the chocolate melts (you might need to put the pan in the oven for 30 seconds or so to warm the chocolate chips).
- Carefully spread the chocolate over the crackers until smooth and covers every cracker.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cool in the refrigerator until cold.
- Break the crackers apart and...ENJOY!!
These keep in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 weeks. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for best taste.