This Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce is hearty and rich and develops the most incredible flavor in the slow cooker! It’s perfect for a deeply satisfying and super easy weeknight meal. Succulent seasoned ground beef with a host of veggies, in a pasta sauce, with Italian seasoning – it will please the hungriest of bellies!
Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce is delicious, easy and feeds a huge crowd. Serve it up with some golden spaghetti noddles for the most amazing slow cooker spaghetti Bolognese!
Why you’ll love this Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
- A super flavorful Spaghetti Sauce. Cooked low and slow in the croks pot to bring out all the flavors of the ingredients –
- Fool proof spaghetti. This is a cinch to make! A quick brown of the beef then into the crockpot with the other ingredients – it comes out perfect every time.
- Great for your weekly meal rota. This slow cooker Spaghetti Sauce makes a BIG batch, freeze some for some easy weeknight meals.
How to make this Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
Be sure to scroll to the bottom for the full recipe
- Brown your beef – Brown and drain ground beef and place in crockpot.
- Prep your veggies – Dice onion, mushrooms and olives then add to crockpot
- Add your other ingredients – Add in seasoning and pasta sauce, stir well.
- Cook – Set crock pot on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Serve with noodles, garnish and enjoy!
Can you freeze this Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce?
This slow cooker Spaghetti Sauce is practically made for freezing! The recipe makes a big ol batch, perfect for make ahead meals.
A great way to freeze the sauce is to pour it into freezer safe ziplock bags, that way you can lay them out in thin layers, taking up less space in the freezer.
You can of course just use freezer safe containers, but the thinner the layer, the quicker it will defrost.
The sauce will freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw you can leave in the fridge overnight or place in a bowl of cool water for around 45 mins.
What can I serve this sauce on?
Naturally this Crockpot Sapghetti Sauce goes with spaghetti, but you can also slather this rich sauce on all kinds of things!
- Stuff pasta shells with it.
- Use it as meaty sauce base for pizza.
- Spread it in a bun for some sloppy joes.
- Rice/Brown Rice/Cauliflower Rice.
- A stromboli filling.
Can I make this Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce even Healthier?
This sauce is loaded with veggies but you can of course pile more in! Instead of ground beef you can us ground turkey. You can also opt for low sodium ingredients to manage the salt level further.
Recipe notes and tips
- To save time, you can chop your veggies the day before and store in the refrigerator.
- You can also brown the beef ahead of time, store in the fridge until you need it.
- Serve with some Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- For a fresh side, pair up with a crisp green salad.
- To make vegetarian swap the ground beef for soy crumbles.
- Top with shredded cheddar or Parmesan.
More Slow Cooker recipes
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos (Crockpot Taco Meat)
- Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- EASY Crockpot Turkey Breast Recipe (Slow Cooker Turkey)
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Ranch Fried Pickles
- Crockpot Spinach Dip (Healthy Spinach Parmesan Dip Recipe)