Hearty, warming and delicious, this Italian wedding soup recipe is loaded with comforting goodness and nutritious ingredients. It’s so flavorful and so easy to make.
Best Italian Wedding Soup with Meatballs
There’s a reason why this soup is timeless, because it’s so tasty and super easy to make!
Why you’ll love this Italian Wedding Soup recipe:
- ONE POT: This soup is all made in one pot on the stovetop, so clean up is a breeze!
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great soup to enjoy throughout the week and it’s freezer friendly too.
- FILLING: This is not a thin and watery soup. It’s loaded with filling and nutritious ingredients and is so satisfying.
How to make Italian Wedding Soup
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
For the meatballs
- Mix together the ingredients and sahpe into balls.
- Bake until lightly browned.
For the soup
- Soften the vegetables in oil in your pot.
- Add wine and deglaze.
- Add in all the other ingredients except parmesan and parsley.
- Stir in parmesan and parsley.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This soup is so great to enjoy throughout the week. The recipe will easily make 8 servings, so you can make it one night and enjoy it for easy lunches and dinners.
Store the cooled soup in airtight containers. It will keep well for up to 4 days. Reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Can you freeze it?
Yes! This soup will keep well frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw the soup fully in the fridge overnight before reheating.
What do you serve it with?
- The meatballs can be formed, covered on the baking sheet, and refrigerated, up to two days before using.
- You can also use pre-made frozen meatballs if you’d prefer.
- Make the soup in a Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot. It will disperse the heat more evenly so you won’t get hotspots that can burn the bottom.
- If you don’t want to use wine, you can substitute this for an extra bit of stock.
This Italian wedding soup is so wonderfully delicious and so simple and easy to make. Be sure to make up a big batch because it will disappear quickly!
More Easy Soup Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!