Pear and Blue Cheese Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a fun way to dress up a healthy side. Roasted Brussels Sprouts tossed with fresh pear, blue cheese crumbles, and walnuts are the perfect healthy Thanksgiving side dish!
It’s about time I tried Brussels Sprouts (also…who knew it was Brussels and not Brussel??? I didn’t…but that’s not totally surprising) I fought trying them for so long…I was never even forced to eat them as a child! But as I delve more and more into the food blogging world…these healthy little beauties are hard to ignore. People just rave about them…I had to give them a try.
Of course, if I’m going to try something…I’m going to add cheese. That’s a given. Trying brussels sprouts for me meant mixing in blue cheese crumbles, pear, and walnuts. I couldn’t just try them with salt and pepper. I needed to dress them up. I wasn’t disappointed. These will be making a Thanksgiving Day appearance for sure!
There is so much to love about this vibrant veggie. For one, this is quite possibly the easiest side dish I have ever made. I LOVE easy recipes. It’s kind of my thing. I couldn’t believe that making these literally meant cutting them in half…and putting them in a pan. That’s IT. I mean…really?
I know its early for Thanksgiving recipes, but such is a food bloggers life. I feel like I’m already under pressure for Valentine’s Day treats. I hope you give these a try this holiday, or just the next time you need an easy (yet impressive!) side dish. Enjoy!
the perfect thanksgiving side dish!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb halved fresh brussels sprouts
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 pears, sliced and chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper to taste. Without stirring, cook covered for about 7 minutes.
- Uncover and add walnuts and pears, stirring to reveal the carmelized brussels sprouts. Continue cooking for about 3 more minutes.
- Take off of heat and add blue cheese crumbles. Serve warm.