Pink Yogurt Covered Pretzels are a cute and low fat sweet treat for Valentine’s Day, or any day of the year!
Okay you guys. Bear with me. ONE MORE Valentine’s recipe. This one is the easiest of all, and is one of my very favorites. I’m definitely not re-inventing the wheel here…but nothing is more snack-able than yogurt covered pretzels!! Make them pink and smack on some sprinkles and you have such a fun, cute, and delicious sweet treat for Valentine’s Day, or really any day of the year! I love that these can be made in any color. They’re a fun kid friendly recipe, but adults love them too. I think they’re one of Pat’s favorite snacks! They’re totally guilt-free, so eat a handful!
If you don’t have access to yogurt chips, white chocolate chips also work well.
Pink Yogurt Covered Pretzels are a little less healthy, but still you should eat a handful! :)
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 cup white yogurt chips (white chocolate chips will work if you don't have access to yogurt chips)
- pink gel food coloring
- heart-shaped (or regular-shaped) small pretzels.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place yogurt chips in a heat-proof small bowl and melt on HIGH in the microwave at 10 second intervals â?? stir every 10 seconds until all are almost melted, stir well and set aside until all are melted.
- Add one drop of pink gel food coloring (no water in the food coloring) until you get desired color.
- Hold a pretzel at the top of one side, and dip the pretzel into the melted yogurt at an angle. Shake off excess melted yogurt and place pretzel on parchment-covered tray. (If the yogurt begins to set, reheat in the microwave 5-10 seconds.)
- Sprinkle the pretzels with colored sprinkles while the melted yogurt is still soft and the sprinkles will attach.
- Set dipped pretzels aside until melted yogurt has set approximately 30 minutes.
- (To speed up the â??settingâ? process, the pretzels can be refrigerated 10 minutes).