If you want cookies for dessert, this skillet chocolate chip cookie recipe might be exactly what you need! Made with browned butter, this is no ordinary cookie recipe!
- Sharable Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Why you’ll love this Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- How to make a skillet chocolate chip cookie
- Make it ahead of time
- How long does it last?
- Can you freeze it?
- More Cookie Recipes
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Email This Recipe
- Recommended Equipment
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Sharable Chocolate Chip Cookie
Just when you thought cookies couldn’t get any better, this skillet chocolate chip cookie takes things to a whole new level!
Wonderfully rich in flavor, this cookie dessert is made for sharing. Or, just have it all to yourself, I won’t tell anyone!
Why you’ll love this Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- Kid friendly: There’s no surprise here, but kids of all ages love this skillet cookie recipe!
- Make ahead: If you are planning to make this to serve as a sharing dessert, you can easily prep it ahead of time.
- Delicious! Seriously, what’s not to love?! If you like cookies, this is about to become your new favorite recipe!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to make a skillet chocolate chip cookie
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Brown the butter in the skillet and place in a heat proof mixing bowl with the remaining butter.
- Whisk in sugars, salt and vanilla.
- Whisk in the eggs until smooth.
- Whisk and rest the mixture 3 more times.
- Stir in the flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the skillet and bake.
Make it ahead of time
If you are planning to serve this up as a dessert, you can make the cookie dough and press it into the skillet up to a day ahead of time. Keep it covered in the fridge and then just pop it into the oven about 30 minutes before you want to serve it.
How long does it last?
This skillet chocolate chip cookie is best served warm straight out of the oven. If you have leftovers, they will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 or 3 days and in the fridge for around 5.
Can you freeze it?
Yes, like regular sized cookies, this will freeze really well. Once fully cooled, wrap the giant cookie in plastic wrap and foil and place in a freezer bag. It will keep well for up to 3 months.
Thaw the frozen cookie at room temperature and you can warm it through in the oven on a low heat to serve.
- Take care not to burn the butter when you brown it or your cookie will taste bitter.
- Don’t over mix the dough or the cookie won’t be nice and light. The flour should be just incorporated.
- Bake the cookie in a fully pre-heated oven, and rotate it half way through cooking so that it cooks evenly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serve with scoops of ice cream.
More Cookie Recipes
- Copycat Pepperidge Farm Milano Slices Cookies
- Brownie Cookies Recipe (2 Ways!)
- Best M&M Cookies
- nickerdoodle Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.