Stop buying cookies at the store and start making these Chocolate Butter Cookies at home. Full of flavor from the espresso, sea salt, and brown sugar, you just can’t go wrong.
Homemade Chocolate Butter Cookies
With each bite of this cookie, you’ll experience chocolate deliciousness. It’s safe to say if you love chocolate and espresso then this is going to be your ideal cookie. You can make these for the holidays, birthdays, or just because days.
These chocolate butter cookies will without a doubt become a family favorite. You’ll be asked to make these cookies for special occasions or on a random Tuesday! Grab a glass of milk because it will go perfectly with these Chocolate Butter Cookies!
Why You’ll Love this Chocolate Cookies Recipe:
- EASY TO MAKE: This is a simple recipe that even beginners can use! It’s a great recipe to have the kids help with as well.
- UNIQUE COOKIE: These chocolate cookies aren’t your run-of-the-mill treat. They are full of sweet flavor with a slightly crispy texture.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: The ingredient list for these butter cookies is short and the ingredients are all easy to find at any grocery store.
Chocolate butter cookies make a great addition to your holiday baking. They will definitely stand out on a cookie tray and once people taste them, they will want the recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Butter Cookies
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together butter and sugars on a low speed until smooth.
- Add the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and pure vanilla extract.
- Whisk together cocoa, flour, baking soda, espresso powder, and both salts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Cover a clean work surface with plastic wrap.
- Roll half of the dough into a log.
- Use the plastic wrap to help form the log.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and put in the fridge.
- Slice the dough logs into rounds and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle each dough circle with nonpareils.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are just set around the edges.
Yes, you can! You will want to multiply each ingredient by 2 in a recipe.
Yes, you can use cookie cutters to make this recipe even more interesting. Use stocking cookie cutters for Christmas time or candle cookie cutters for a birthday party.
To make these Chocolate Butter Cookies even more chocolate-filled, don’t be shy about adding mini chocolate chips. You can add ½ cup mini chocolate chips right to the batter of the recipe.
These chocolate butter cookies have a crunchy texture to them.
Chocolate Butter Cookies for the Holidays
The fun thing about these chocolate butter cookies is that you can add whatever sprinkles you’d like to them. Red and green sprinkles or jimmies would make a fun addition for Christmas parties. Don’t like sprinkles? These cookies are great without them too!
- Follow the recipe as closely as you can. The more you follow the recipe, the better these cookies will turn out.
- Let the kids help you bake. This is a really good cookie recipe for kids!
- Butter should be cool. Remember when you are making butter cookies, the butter needs to be cool. When you melt butter and add warm butter to recipes, it changes the texture of the recipe.
The next time you’re looking for a soft and delicious recipe, give these Chocolate Butter Cookies a try. They are perfectly chocolate and there is never a complaint from anyone eating them. In no time, you’ll be able to make the best butter cookies thanks to this recipe.
Go ahead and make double or triple batches of these cookies to share. They are ideal for the upcoming holidays or for an after-school treat.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes We Love
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Linzer Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Snowball Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.