One of my very favorite recipes from when I first started the blog has been Oven Baked Fajitas. Soooo good, so easy, so healthy. Only drawback…? Awful pictures. I still have a long way to go, but when I look at my early posts I totally cringe! When Celebrations.com asked me to come up with some unique Cinco De Mayo recipes, I knew I wanted to revamp my favorite recipe and take new pictures. I could eat these every week!
Cinco De Mayo has always been one of my very favorite holidays. The food, the fun, the margaritas! Its such a great time to get together with friends and celebrate the warmer weather and beginning of summer.
Although its great going to parties and getting together with the people we love. I always feel like I’m consuming a week’s worth of calories in just one day!! I have a serious weakness for all things Mexican food.
Thank goodness I have these healthy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas to make in place of all of the nachos, cheesy tacos, and fried foods. These taste just as delicious and festive, with a fraction of the calories. You won’t miss the bad-for-you stuff at all!
The secret to this go-to favorite meal is the greek yogurt marinade. Your chicken will turn out moist and delicious every time.
These are also incredibly easy to make, ready from prep to plate in about 40 minutes. No need to give away your healthy and delicious cooking secrets. Let people think you slaved away creating the perfect Cinco De Mayo feast! (or anytime!)
healthy and easy oven baked chicken fajitas! made with greek yogurt marinade!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cup diced roma tomatoes (or 1 drained can diced tomatoes)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, you can use green, red, or yellow or all 3!
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 8 medium tortillas (either whole wheat or flour)
- 1 large lime, cut in slices (for garnish)
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese, salsa, and sour cream for garnish
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together the tomatoes, onion, and peppers and place in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, spices, and yogurt. Toss in the chicken and coat with the yogurt mixture.
- Place the coated chicken into the baking dish with the vegetables. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked fully and vegetables are fork tender.
- Tip: with about 8 minutes left, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm them. Very tasty!
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream, salsa, and cheese.
CHECK OUT SOME OTHER HEALTHY FAVORITES! (click on the titles to see recipes):