This SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE TORTELLONI SOUP is such an easy and delicious soup to throw together on busy days and it’s loaded with flavor. I love it!
I just cannot get enough soups when the Summer weather starts turning into Fall. A good soup is easy, delicious, hearty comfort food. This Sweet Italian Sausage Tortelloni Soup is both simple and yummy, and you can feel great about feeding it to your family. The filled tortelloni mixed with the sausage, tomatoes, other flavors create a rustic and amazing flavor you won’t find anywhere else. Kinda nice you can make it at home in a jiffy!
When I found Buitoni at my grocery store (it’s a refrigerated pasta found in either the deli section by the cheeses or in the dairy section), I just knew I had to try their Sweet Italian Sausage Tortelloni. The flavor of this stuffed pasta is INCREDIBLE and it’s so nice to rest assured that Buitoni is made with no GMO ingredients and ready in minutes. I’m obsessed! This tortelloni added such a flavor boost to the soup that would have taken me hours and hours to attempt myself. More time to cuddle with the little nugget is fine by me.
Autumn was made for flavors like these. The weather is cooling and soup season is beginning. My favorite time of year! I hope you enjoy this Sweet Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup as much as we have. YUM!
4.5 based on 2 review(s)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box (32 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) package BUITONI Sweet Italian Sausage Tortelloni
- 13 ounces (2 links) cooked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices (if you'd like to brown the turkey sausage extra ahead of time that is okay too!)
- 12 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Heat butter over medium/high heat in a large dutch oven or stock pot. Add in the diced onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds until the garlic and onion are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, stirring to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce heat to low, stirring in the tortelloni.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set to simmer and cook tortelloni according to package directions, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage, spinach, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine and allow to simmer until the spinach is wilted to your liking.
- Garnish with parmesan and serve.
Thanks to Buitoni for partnering to create this recipe. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!