This Sausage Alfredo recipe is a tasty mix of classic Fettuccini Alfredo and spicy Italian Sausage. A lot of fettuccine recipes feature chicken or seafood, but there just aren’t enough Sausage Pasta Recipes out there. This Italian Sausage Pasta recipe is the perfect pasta dish for your next dinner!
Sausage Alfredo – Fettuccini Alfredo with Italian Sausage
Sausage Alfredo is a tasty mix of creamy Fettuccini Alfredo and savory Italian Sausage.
I don’t know about you, but I feel like there just aren’t enough Sausage Pasta Recipes out there. It’s all about the chicken and seafood (which I love, by the way), but I wanted a good Italian Sausage Pasta for a change.
This Sausage Alfredo is the perfect solution that problem! You can’t go wrong with a classic, creamy Fettuccini Alfredo recipe, and when you add hearty chunks of Italian Sausage…even better!
Fettuccini Alfredo with Sausage is the perfect combination! Try this Italian Sausage Alfredo for your next pasta dish.
Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
Fettuccini Alfredo is a classic pasta dish loved by all. That super creamy Alfredo sauce is just so delicious! Add some Italian sausage, and now I just can’t get enough. This is the type of comfort food that we love to have on the weekend as a special meal. It’s not difficult, but it can still be fancy. So yummy, creamy, and tasty. The flavor combination is out of this world and I just know you’re going to love it!
How do you make homemade Alfredo sauce?
Ohhh I just can’t get enough of this creamy homemade Alfredo sauce! It’s easy to make and so delicious. Alfredo sauce is essentially just heavy cream mixed with butter and some garlic or other seasonings.
For this Sausage Alfredo recipe, we’re going to make the sauce in the same pan that we used to cook the sausage. No need to create more dirty dishes than necessary!
- After removing the sausages, drain the fat from the skillet
- Keep as much garlic in the pan as you can while draining
- Pour the cream into the skillet and bring it to a low boil
- Continuously stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to keep the cream liquidy as it melts
Once the Alfredo sauce is done cooking, you can add the sausage back in to mix it all together.
How do you make Fettuccini Alfredo with sausage?
- The first step in this Italian Sausage Pasta recipe is to cook the fettuccini. You want the pasta al dente, so cook it in a large pot of boiling water for about 8-10 minutes.
- While the fettuccini is boiling, go ahead and cook the sage in oil, then move straight on to the Italian Sausage.
- Create bite-sized pieces of sausage, let them cook through, add in the garlic, and then remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
- Next, you’ll cook the homemade Alfredo sauce as outlined above.
- Once the fettuccini is cooked, drain the pasta, and add in the Alfredo and sausage. All done! You’ve got a tasty Sausage Alfredo ready for dinner.
See recipe card for full instructions.
I hope you try out this amazing Sausage Alfredo! There’s nothing better than creamy Fettuccini Alfredo and flavorful sausage. This Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe is one of my new favorites for when I need a break from chicken (which is never, but just in case).
If you enjoyed this Sausage Fettuccini Alfredo, try these other pasta dishes:
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- Caprese Pasta Bake
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Up
- Baked Pasta Primavera
- Beef Ragu
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta Salad
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Fettuccini with Italian Sausage Alfredo. Enjoy!
I wanted to make this, but your political ads are a tad overwhelming. There are (4) playing constantly and are distracting. I understand one at the top and maybe one at the bottom, but this is just too much.
I’m sorry you had trouble reaching the recipe, Heidi! On the top right of the page, there is a button that reads “⬇ Recipe”. If you click that, it will take you directly to the recipe without having to read the post or scroll through ads. Unfortunately, I don’t choose which ads play!
I have been making this for dinner at least twice a week. My husband loves it.
I can tell that is a well-loved recipe!
Wow! This was easy and delicious meal tonight. My husband loved it.
Thanks for sharing!!
best meal ever !
Thanks for sharing, David!
Going make this tonight. Wanted to let you know in the instructions after you say fry the sage leaves than it says transfer the bay leaves. I know what is meant. Thought you might want to edit your page.
IS it bay leaves or sage leaves you cook. Read instructions
Is it bay leaves or sage leaves? Recipe lists bay leaves then instructions say sprinkle SAGE leaves over finished product
I’m sorry! It’s sage. I fixed the recipe. Thanks!
Hi! In step two you say “bay leaves” when I think you mean the sage! Just wanted to point that out. Making this for dinner tonight and it sounds DELICIOUS! ????
My mother always put chicken into fettuccini alfredo but sausage sounds so much more delicious!
I love chicken too! Can’t go wrong.