HOT SHRIMP COCKTAIL DIP is the best party appetizer ever! A hot cheesy version of an old favorite; with cocktail sauce, shrimp, cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, and green onion! AMAZING!
Growing up, I remember Shrimp Cocktail being at so many family get togethers. And let’s be honest, it grossed me out bad. I’ve never been a big fan of picking up the cold shrimp and dipping it into cocktail sauce. Even just writing that kind of grossed me out. But…as an adult I have really come to love the flavors. It’s a classy appetizer that always always makes me think of my grandparent’s house. A simpler time filled with family, laughter, and good food! To deal with my whole cold shrimp aversion, I’ve put my own spin on this throwback recipe, and of course, added cheese! Hot Shrimp Cocktail Dip is the old and new world colliding into one creamy, melty, HOT, delicious dip. All the flavors that I’ve grown to love from traditional Shrimp Cocktail Dip, mixed with everything I love about how I cook my appetizers!
I was honored to be asked by Better Homes and Gardens to participate in their #TBT Party by reimagining a classic appetizer from the past. I hope I did their party justice! They recently hit newsstands with their new edition, Get Together!, and it is TO DIE FOR! It’s filled with all the recipe you would EVER need to host the perfect party. Drink, apps, mains, and tons of entertaining hacks to make you look like the entertaining God or Goddess that you are! Search social media with the hashtag #BHGParty to see tons of other submissions from blogs across the country. I can’t wait to see what everyone reimagines!
Thanks for indulging me on this trip down memory lane. Happy #BHGParty everyone! I hope you love this twist on a family favorite, Hot Shrimp Cocktail Dip, as much as we do. Enjoy!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 16 ounces (2 bars) low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayo (real)
- 1 cup cocktail sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shrimp meat (deveined, tails cut off, peeled), fully cooked
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and mozzarella in a high powered blender or food processor. Pulse until combined and creamy.
- Pour into a large bowl and stir in the cocktail sauce and green onions.
- Stir in the shrimp. Pour into an oven safe bowl sprayed with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with a bit more shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fully heated through and melty.
- Serve with pita chips, bagel chips, or wonton chips. Or tortilla chips. Basically, your favorite chips :)