This BEST HOT ONION DIP has been a family favorite for years. It doesn’t get better than Hot Onion Souffle for the holidays or game day!
I love dips (there are 68 dips on The Cookie Rookie so far!) and this HOT ONION DIP might be one of the BEST. There’s nothing better than a great appetizer dip. I could eat it for each and every meal and never be tired. With football season coming to an end (hello SUPER BOWL), and New Years Eve upon us…good dips are a great thing to try. This Best Ever Hot Onion Souffle is a must!
When we were at my parents for Christmas, we made this delicious dip. My mom originally got this recipe from my Dad’s cousin by marriage, Paula Wallace (one of the very best cooks ever). Mom put her spin on it…because it’s Mom, (have you checked out her site yet? Simply Sated is the bomb) and it is SO good.
We didn’t tell pat what was in it, because I knew he doesn’t ‘like’ anything containing onions. He LOVED this dip. Even after i told him it had onions, he continued to eat it. If you knew him, you would know how shocking that really is. This dip is a winner 100%.
I love dips like this that are so easy. Mix the ingredients together, bake, and serve. No wonder this was one of the first recipes I made in life! Yum!
We served it with crackers and sliced veggies, but it would also be great with pita chips or pieces of toasted bread. Mom also recently made it as a topper for baked potatoes. That has me intrigued…doesn’t that sound so tasty?!
Be sure to check out all of our other favorite dips, dressings, and sauces. Enjoy!
This BEST HOT ONION DIP has been a family favorite for years. It doesn't get better than Hot Onion Souffle for the holidays or game day!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 (8-ounce packages) cream cheese – softened
- 1 (5.2 ounce) package Boursin cheese – softened
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese – shredded – optional, but oh so good.
- 2 cups sweet yellow onion, peeled & diced
- Crackers, chips or vegetables for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 2-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl and using the paddle beaters, combine cream cheese and Boursin cheese. Mix until incorporated and creamy.
- Add in grated Parmesan, Gruyere and onion. Mix together well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake at 375F for 45-60 minutes or until the top is turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven – let cool 10 minutes then serve with favorite crackers, chips and/or vegetables.