True love is Red Velvet Dessert Lasagna! Layers of cheesecake, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream make this perfect Valentine’s Day dessert!
Valentine’s Day is only 6 days away!! I’m far from a dessert blog, but I’ve been trying hard to brainstorm new desserts and sweets for you to make for your sweetie on VDay! I have two more for you after today, but this Red Velvet Dessert Lasagna is one of my favorites. I’ve made cookies, brownies, tarts, and even oatmeal…but I have a special place in my heart for this layered perfection. It has all the good things…chocolate, cheesecake, chocolate chips, oreos, whipped cream. Is this heaven??
I adapted this recipe from one my mom used to make called The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford. I have always loved that name. So funny. Have you seen him in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? I can see why people named a dessert after him. I made a few changes to make it “red velvet” and this Red Velvet Dessert Lasagna was born. I don’t know if it’s quite a great as Robert Redford, but it’s at least the second best thing.
Oreos, cheesecake, chocolate, whipped cream, chocolate chips, OH MY! All the best things in life in an easy recipe perfect for showing your love on Valentines Day. YUM.
Enjoy! Happy VDay, loves!
- 1 package oreos
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 8 ounce package low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 8 ounce containers lite cool whip
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 5.9 ounce packet instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- red food coloring
- 1 8 ounce container lite cool whip
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Blend together the oreos and butter in a high powered blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the oreo mixture into the bottom of the dish and smooth it out to cover the bottom. Pat it down with a spoon or your fingers to pack it down as much as possible.
- Bake crust for 5-8 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- While crust is cooling, mix together the middle two layers.
- In one bowl, beat together the low fat cream cheese, sugar, cool whip, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the pudding mix and milk. Beat for 2 minutes until the pudding thickens. Beat in the cream cheese and red food coloring. I used about 10 drops to achieve the color I wanted.
- Pour the bottom layer (the cheesecake layer) onto the crust and smooth out with a spatula.
- Top with the red velvet layer, smoothing out that layer as well.
- Top with the remaining container of cool whip and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Chill in freezer or fridge for at least an hour before serving. You can serve it frozen or just chilled, depending on your preferences. It's delicious either way!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR OTHER FAVORITE ROMANTIC RECIPES!