This Garlic Rosemary Steak recipe is an absolute favorite for date nights at home, romantic dinners, or just a straight up AMAZING meal. This steak with garlic, rosemary, and sherry cream sauce is so juicy, creamy, and delicious!
Table of Contents
Garlic Rosemary Steak
This steak is flavored with garlic and rosemary, then cooked and served in a tasty sherry cream sauce. Yum!
Steak is my absolute favorite meal on the planet. Whenever Pat wants to go out for a dressy date, I ALWAYS choose a good steak restaurant. Tender steak plus good red wine? There’s nothing better!
Now I have this one to make in the comfort of my own home (in the comfort of my own PJs). We both just love this Garlic Rosemary Steak with Sherry Cream Sauce, plus it’s made in under half and hour.
This steak is full-proof, totally delicious, and it will impress your guests (or your partner!). It’s like having a gourmet dinner at home!
Top Tips for this Steak recipe:
- This recipe cooks the steaks to a perfect medium 140°F, so they’re still a little pink and plenty juicy.
- Use New York strip steaks for this recipe; they’ll turn out moist and tender.
- Steaks should rest for at least 5 minutes after cooking, before serving.
- Don’t skimp on the sherry cream sauce while serving. It’s so good!
Sherry Cream Sauce
The sherry cream sauce is the highlight of this recipe! Sure, the garlic rosemary steak is delicious, but the addition of the creamy sauce adds SO much flavor.
It’s basically just a mix of cooking sherry and heavy cream, but it’s made in the same skillet as the steak. So you get all the butter and steak juices mixed in while it cooks.
It complements the garlic and rosemary perfectly. Yum!
How to Make Garlic Rosemary Steak
- Garlic Rosemary Rub: Combine garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, then rub the mixture into the steak.
- Cook Steak: Heat butter and oil in a skillet until it boils, then cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add Sherry: Add in cooking sherry and cook steaks another 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Then remove the steaks from heat and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Sherry Cream Sauce: Add heavy cream into the skillet with the remaining sherry and let it simmer for to cook down (at least 5 minutes).
- Serve: Serve steaks with more rosemary and cream sauce. These steaks pair well with red wine!
Be sure to watch the video for details on how to make Garlic Rosemary Steak!
What to Serve with Steak
These juicy garlic rosemary steaks will be the star of your dinner, but it’s nice to have some veggies to go along with them.
My favorite thing to serve with them is simple mashed potatoes (mix them in with the sherry cream sauce on your plate, YUM!).
It’s the perfect meal!
I can’t wait for you to try this garlic rosemary steak recipe for your next date night at home! Savor that sherry cream sauce, add a nice glass of red wine, and enjoy!
Watch the video and check the recipe card for details on how to make this easy steak recipe!
Be sure to try these other delicious steak recipes too!
- Best Carne Asada for Steak Fajitas
- Grilled Flank Steak with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Perfect Restaurant Style Steak Recipe
- Skillet Steak with Brandy Cream Sauce
- New York Strip Steak with Red Wine Balsamic
- Sweet Tea Marinated Steak