Simple and easy to make, these crispy oven baked zucchini fries are ideal to serve as a side dish or appetizer. Tossed in a seasoned panko breadcrumb and parmesan coating, every bite is delicious!
Oven Baked Zucchini Fries
Eating your vegetables just got delicious with these crispy zucchini fries!
With a crispy panko breadcrumb coating that’s seasoned with herbs and spices, this zucchini is so good!
Serve them as an appetizer with your favorite dip, or as a side as part of an easy weeknight dinner.
Be sure to try my Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Boats and Zucchini Au Gratin.
Why you’ll love this Zucchini Fries recipe:
- KID FRIENDLY: If you find getting veggies into your kids’ diet is a struggle, give these ago! They are super fun to eat and are great to dip!
- HEALTHIER: Oven baked, rather than being fried, makes these a great healthy option.
- EASY: There’s nothing complicated about this recipe, just dredge the zucchini fries and bake in the oven. Simple!
How to make crispy zucchini fries
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Stir together the panko, parmesan and seasonings in a bowl.
- Add eggs and water to another bowl.
- Shake together the zucchini and flour in a ziplock bag.
- One at a time, dip the zucchini in the egg then panko.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These crispy zucchini fries are best served as soon as they are made, if they are cooked too far ahead of time, the breadcrumbs will soften.
You can coat them ahead of time and keep them covered until you are ready to bake them.
Do you need to peel the zucchini?
I prefer not to peel the zucchini, as I love the pop of color that the skin adds. If you have picky eaters that refuse to eat anything green, then by all means peel them!
What do you serve them with?
These vegetable fries are great to serve with a dip like marinara or ranch, but they also work great with main meals as a low carb and veggie replacement for fries. Try them with:
- Cut the zucchini into similar sized pieces. This way, they will cook through evenly.
- Pat the zucchini dry before coating them in the flour. This ill help them to get nice and crispy when they are baked.
- If you have leftovers, they will keep for around 3 days in the fridge. Reheat them at 420F for 5 to 10 minutes.
These crispy zucchini fries are one tasty way to enjoy your veggies! Super simple and easy to make, they are a great alternative to fries!
More Side Dish Recipes we Love
- Cheesy Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Creamy Broccoli Salad
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- Easy Oven Roasted Veggies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.