Warm up and get cozy with this apple cider hot toddy. This warm whiskey drink is flavored with honey, lemon and cinnamon and topped off with apple cider, for a delicious adults only drink.
Apple Cider Hot Toddy Recipe
As the weather gets cooler, there’s nothing like enjoying a warm alcoholic drink at the end of a long week. This apple cider hot toddy is full of the flavors of fall and is my current favorite squeeze.
With warming spices and whiskey, this hot cocktail will give you all the feels, inside and out! It’s the most perfect drink for fall, and is a great option to serve up on Thanksgiving.
Be sure to try my Apple Cider Mojitos and Apple Cider Margaritas too!
Why you’ll love this Fall Hot Toddy recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: This is a really simple cocktail recipe and it’s ready to enjoy in 5 minutes.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need a handful of ingredients to make this hot toddy, so you have no excuses!
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: You can easily double or triple this recipe if you are entertaining. It’s an easy drink that everyone will love.
Warm yourself up with this delicious hot toddy recipe. With all of the flavors of fall, this is one delicious sip!
How to make an Apple Cider Hot Toddy for Fall
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix the apple cider, lemon, honey and spices in a pot.
- Bring to a simmer then let stip.
- Stir in the whiskey.
I love to make this drink with a whiskey bourbon, like Jack Daniels, I find the flavor works so well with the apple cider and spices. You could make this with a Scotch or Irisjh whiskey if you prefer, or try Fireball for an extra kick of cinnamon.
You can keep the hot toddy warm on the stovetop for a couple of hours if you want t enjoy more than one drink, just don’t let it boil. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a few days and easily reheated.
You can serve this cocktail without any garnishes, but I like to add a cinnamon stick and slice of apple and lemon to each glass to make it feel extra special and to enhance the flavors.
Honey helps to balance out the flavor of the whiskey and lemon. If you don’t have honey, maple syrup is a great substitution. You can also stir in some brown sugar instead until it dissolves.
- This drink can be kept warm on the stovetop, alternatively you can transfer it to your slow cooker to keep it warm if you are doubling the recipe.
- Take the cocktail off of the heat when you add in the whiskey. If the drink continues to heat, the alcohol will evaporate.
- This recipe contains a double shot of whiskey. You can half it if you prefer a less strong drink.
- Drink responsibly!
Whether this apple cider hot toddy will help you get over your seasonal cold is not for me to say, but it’s worth giving it a try….just incase!
More Hot Drink Recipes
- Hot Pumpkin Cocktail
- Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Hot Cranberry Apple Spiced Cider
- Caramel Apple Hot Toddy
This apple cider hot toddy is so quick and easy to make, it’s one delicious cocktail with zero fuss. I just know you are going to love this!
More Apple Recipes we Love
- Apple Crisp Macchiato
- Instant Pot Apple Cider
- Baked Apple Oatmeal
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread
- Sheet Pan Apple Crisp
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.