OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE is the perfect way to make an amazing breakfast without getting up early to prepare it. You’ll crave this Apple Pie French Toast Casserole recipe every morning! It’s a delicious make ahead breakfast that’s easy to make for guests or for your family. This french toast bake is made with brioche, eggs, apples, spices, and more. It’s just too good!
Overnight French Toast Casserole with Apples
Overnight French Toast Casserole is the ideal breakfast for when you have guests staying with you. You can prepare it the night before, and it’s ready to bake as soon as you wake up!
My dream would be to start off every morning with a hot and hearty breakfast casserole, and this Apple Pie Overnight French Toast Casserole would be at the top of my list! I love that you can prep it the night before, sleep in, and then cook it whenever you’re ready to eat. It’s the perfect breakfast or brunch to make for guests, and we just cannot get enough!
If you’re like us and just love to sleep in as late as possible on the weekends, then this Apple Pie French Toast Casserole is definitely for you. It’s the best easy breakfast casserole I’ve come across in a long time, and it’s oh so delicious. No stress with this french toast bake. No waiting for bread to rise, no waking up at the crack of down, and no slaving away for hours. Just prep it, chill it, and bake it. Then pat yourself on the back for a job well done!
Can you guys tell I’ve been on a huge casserole kick lately? Some of my favorites have been our Broccoli Rice Casserole, Reuben Casserole (fun, right?), Stuffed Pepper Casserole, Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, and who could forget that Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole! Casseroles make such great meals, even for breakfast! This french toast casserole with apples is just soooo tasty.
Make breakfast easy (and delicious) with this Apple Pie Overnight French Toast Casserole recipe. Prep it the night before, and bake as soon as you wake up!
Apple Pie French Toast Casserole
The apple pie flavors combined with the fluffy baked french toast are SO divine and such a great way to start your morning. You cannot mess up this fool proof recipe…just by reading it you’re well on your way to being the king or queen of breakfast! Your family and friends are going to be begging for this overnight french toast casserole with apples again and again. Can you blame them?! Anything topped with powdered sugar is a-okay with me!
How to Make Overnight French Toast Casserole
The idea is with this overnight french toast casserole is to prepare it the night before, let it sit in the refrigerator, then bake and eat it the next morning. This saves you from having to get up early to do all the preparations for this french toast bake. Instead, do most of it the night before, and really all you have to do in the morning is heat it up.
- Prep the casserole the night before by layering the bread, apple filling, and egg mixture
- Cover french toast casserole and set in the refrigerator overnight
- In the morning, set the casserole out while the oven preheats
- Make the apple spice butter & drizzle over the breakfast casserole
- Bake the french toast at 350°F for 40-50 minutes.
Recommended Products to make Overnight French Toast Casserole
Can you make french toast in the oven?
Yes! You can make french toast in the oven with a french toast bake recipe like this. It’s the same flavor and the same great texture, but everything mixes and bakes together in a casserole dish. Much easier (in my opinion) to make it for a bunch of people, rather than making french toast one by one on the stove top.
Can you reheat baked french toast?
Yes, this overnight french toast casserole recipe can be reheated later on. If you have leftovers, cover the dish with foil and store it in the fridge for up to a couple of days. You can then reheat the breakfast casserole in the oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes (or until warm).
This Apple Pie Overnight French Toast Casserole recipe is one of my favorite breakfast recipes to serve when we have guests staying with us. I want to make an amazing breakfast, but I don’t want to get up super early to do it. This baked french toast really is the perfect dish for anyone who is not a morning person. But everyone will absolutely love it!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Overnight French Toast Casserole with Apples. Enjoy!
If you like this french toast bake, you’ll love these other breakfast recipes too:
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- French Toast with Almond Milk
- Croissant French Toast Casserole
- Sheet Pan Chocolate Croissants
Apple Pie Overnight French Toast Casserole
You'll crave this APPLE PIE OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE every morning! It's the perfect make ahead breakfast for guests or your family. Brioche, eggs, apples, spices, and more. Just too good.
- 16-18 ½ inch thick slices, day-old, Brioche or Challah bread
- 6 tablespoons butter divided into 2 and 4 tablespoons sections
- 6 Gala apples peeled & sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1¼ teaspoon apple pie spice divided into 1 & ¼ teaspoon sections
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk or half ‘n half
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Optional: Maple Syrup
- Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 8 bread slices in prepared dish, slightly overlapping slices. If necessary, cut bread to fill in any empty spaces.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add apples and cook just until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and 1-teaspoon apple pie spice.
- Spread apple mixture over bottom layer of bread, then top with remaining bread slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and press down gently with the back of a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer French Toast to countertop and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes while oven preheats.
- In a small skillet or a microwave-safe bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter and mix with ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice. Drizzle the apple spice butter over the bread.
- Bake French toast until center is set and is golden brown, 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. The French Toast is rich, but if desired, drizzle with maple syrup.