Creamy, cheesy, tangy and a little bit spicy, this Crockpot buffalo chicken dip is one delicious game day appetizer. All made in the slow cooker, this effortless dip is made for sharing!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This Crockpot buffalo chicken dip is one effortless appetizer. Shredded chicken is cooked with cream cheese, buffalo sauce and ranch and topped with a layer of shredded cheese – because you can never have enough cheese!
Serve it up with tortilla chips and vegetable sticks, and get dipping!
Why you’ll love this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe:
- EASY: This is one effortless party dip to make, and it’s a great option if you are serving a crowd. Just dump and go!
- ONE POT: This whole recipe is made right in the slow cooker, so even the clean up is a breeze!
- SO TASTY! A word of warning – this dip will disappear VERY quickly! Tangy and creamy, if you love buffalo sauce you are going to adore this!
When you have a hungry crowd to feed, this cheesy dip ticks all of the right boxes!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place the cubed cream cheese in the slow cooker.
- Top with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch and cheddar.
- Cook on high.
- Stir well and top with more cheddar.
- Cook until the cheese has melted.
Game Day is covered!
101+ Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes
If its game day grub you crave, we have all the recipes you need to win big! Check out our easy Super Bowl recipes (or World Series, March Madness, National Championship, you get the idea!)
You will need a pound of shredded chicken, or about 3 cups, for this recipe. You can buy shredded chicken or use rotisserie or leftover roasted chicken. Alternatively you can oven bake some chicken breasts, or cook in your Instant Pot or Crockpot and shred those. I prefer to use breast meat, but you can use thigh or a mixture of both.
This Crockpot buffalo chicken dip will keep warm in the Crockpot for up to 2 hours, so it’s a great option if you are feeding a crowd.
I love to add blue cheese to this dip, but I know not everyone loves it so I haven’t included it in this recipe. You can top the dip with the blue cheese just before serving, or add it to the top with the shredded cheddar and let it get nice and melted.
This Crockpot buffalo chicken dip can be served up as a sharing appetizer with anything you can dip! Try it with:
- Garlic Parmesan Baked Tortilla Chips
- Tequila Lime Tortilla Chips
- Mexican Cheese Crackers
- Bacon Wrapped Crackers
This buffalo dip is not shy in the flavor department, it’s bold and tangy, with the right amount of spice, and of course deliciously cheesy!
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes so that it melts evenly.
- For best results, soften the cream cheese before using. I like to take it out of the fridge about an hour before making this recipe.
- I like to use cheddar cheese in this dip, but most shredded cheeses like Jack or Mozzarella will work well.
My big weaknesses are cheese and buffalo sauce, and this Crockpot dip have both things in abundance. This recipe is always a big hit!
More Buffalo Chicken Ideas
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
This Crockpot buffalo chicken dip comes together so easily with just a few simple ingredients, yet the results are hands down delicious! It’s a great option to serve up for your next game day!
More Crockpot Appetizer Recipes we Love
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Crockpot Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Crockpot Queso
- Crockpot Spinach Dip
- Slow Cooker Pizza Dip
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Dip
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!